• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2020 Run With The Wolf Registration is open, Sept 10 to 13

COGnosticator

Registrations is now open so please sign up as soon as you can so we can prepare for the Saturday night supper.

It is still up in the air at this point with the Covid 19 virus still hanging around as to whether we will be able to eat inside or have to do as is being done currently which is get your food at a window outside and find a place to eat.  There are plenty of picnic tables located around the grounds. 

Hopefully things will be better by September and be back to "normal"

See you in September  :great:

https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=261129&mo=9&tDate=%7Bd%20%272020%2D09%2D21%27%7D

Anyone not wanting to camp and no room reserved check out Kennedy Creek Resort ?  Its just up the road maybe mile or so on 180 .  They have a couple of bunk houses with two twin bed in them .  They may have one available for that date with RWTW . Just an FYI.

Ken said:
Anyone not wanting to camp and no room reserved check out Kennedy Creek Resort ?  Its just up the road maybe mile or so on 180 .  They have a couple of bunk houses with two twin bed in them .  They may have one available for that date with RWTW . Just an FYI.

This is the previous High Valley Resort  :great:

https://kennedycreekresort.com/

COGnosticator said:
Rasmith said:
Hope to be making this as a new SECOG member!

Great  :beerchug:  Looking forward to meeting you

We met.
Came up one year in a White Ford edge and you told me to take those 4 wheels to the field. Ended up camping in it. Could get Al from hugging the keg so I could grab a beer. Daytona Mikey pulled up trailing his bike behind a Prius

99% sure I got the time off approved,
as soon as I get leave slip, I’ll sign up.

Count me in!!  Woot!!  :motonoises:

Please keep in mind the last day to sign up is August 28th so I can get a good head count for the Saturday banquet.

I will be at TWoS on August 20th and confirm all the details for the event. At the present they are preparing meals, using social distancing and no eating inside the lodge restaurant.  They take your order inside, then hand it to you out of a side window and seating is outside, either on the deck or at one of the picnic tables or wherever  you want to eat.  I know this is not what we wanted, but in these virus times, we have to make changes.

I am looking forward to another great rally and seeing everyone there  :beerchug:

Signed up a couple of days ago and ready to go. :beerchug: looking forward to seeing everyone again. :motonoises:

I've been trying to register us, as usual it's struggle.  :??: Says something about file not found, hopefully the new site works better. 

Just Cliff said:
I've been trying to register us, as usual it's struggle.  :??: Says something about file not found, hopefully the new site works better.

Just had the same experience, but keep after it. I finally got both Katie and me registered. Yeah,  the new website ought to be much better.

Jerry reminded me the other day that the deadline to register is coming up fast, so if you're coming, please sign up. TWoS will feed us, but I don't want to pay for a lot of  food we don't eat and I also don't want anyone who wants to eat, to go hungry. The TWoS staff buys food for the number we plan for, so we need to know.

You might want to know the Covid situation in Georgia. It's fairly widespread, but in my opinion, part of the high number of cases reported is a huge testing effort. It's starting to shift out of metro Atlanta somewhat. The media is slowly "quieting down" about it and now local attention is shifting to what will happen when school starts. That's what you'll see in the news mostly right now. The mountain areas like Suches are pretty "normal." Schools and colleges are starting back at the moment, so there's  a  lot of coverage about that. 

I look at the Atlanta paper dashboard and the trend lines for hospitalizations/deaths appear to be headed down on all but new cases and like I said, I think that's partly because of more widespread testing. We'll see.

What I do know, is that the big gas stations (QT, RaceTrac,etc) are open along with restrooms even though many of the fast food places are takeout only. We've no trouble finding place for pit stops, fuel, and food. All the grocery stores and big boxes like Walmart are open with restrooms, etc.. The Beat the Heat Rally in NC a few weeks ago was a similar result.

So, come on up, just socially distance, wash your hands, wear a mask when you need to. Ride. :motonoises:

ron203 said:
Just Cliff said:

Just had the same experience, but keep after it. I finally got both Katie and me registered. Yeah,  the new website ought to be much better.

Success finally, what a pain in the arse!

Cliff, I keep looking for your event in October on the calender to sign up for it, but I can't find it. Each time I go to the south central area I get a 404 system error. Sorry for being off topic.

Reg'd.

May be just a contribution overall if I'm threatened to be really lonely upon return to home! May be hanging out in the textile Hilton for an additional 2 weeks AFTER the event. But, if CINC-WIFE is ok with me going, I should be there. Fingers crossed, but not super hopeful.

Mike

Hopefully, none of the pre-registrations will be lost in the changeover from Memberize to the new system at the end of this month. A couple of members that pre-registered last year were not on the list at the event sign-in if I remember! :beerchug:

305940 said:
Hopefully, none of the pre-registrations will be lost in the changeover from Memberize to the new system at the end of this month. A couple of members that pre-registered last year were not on the list at the event sign-in if I remember! :beerchug:

I will copy and print out the list of registrants prior to the change over and bring it with me.

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
Signing up now  Kinda sorry I gave my cabin up in February
Cheers

Well shoot, if Don is going now, we will go as well!! Just signed us up.

FYI, we will do an early arrival dinner on Wednesday again, like last year. I'll post a new thread to get a head count.

MotoCommuter said:
Pittsburgh_Clem said:
Signing up now  Kinda sorry I gave my cabin up in February
Cheers

Well shoot, if Don is going now, we will go as well!! Just signed us up.

FYI, we will do an early arrival dinner on Wednesday again, like last year. I'll post a new thread to get a head count.

:beerchug:  Should arrive Monday or tuesday

Registered.  Steve P will be registering soon, because he is the one that is going to show me how to get there. ;)
We will be arriving Wednesday evening, hopefully in time for Kurt's dinner. :great: :beerchug: :motonoises:

I should be arriving on Tuesday. I'll be spending about a week up in western VA, NW of Wytheville before RWTW.

SteveJ. said:
I should be arriving on Tuesday. I'll be spending about a week up in western VA, NW of Wytheville before RWTW.

:great: re ... NW of Wytheville area. "Claw of the Dragon" area!

SteveJ. said:

Hmm.n Need to hear about this. I'll look  you up in Suches.

Road Runner said:
SteveJ. said:

I'll be staying at Stony Fork USFS campground. They have some campsites that are not reserveable so I can snag one on Tues or Wed and hang out over Labor Day weekend. Anyone care to show up and do some nice riding, you're quite welcome.

ron203 said:
SteveJ. said:

I'll be there.

SteveJ. said:
Road Runner said:
SteveJ. said:

I'll be staying at Stony Fork USFS campground. They have some campsites that are not reserveable so I can snag one on Tues or Wed and hang out over Labor Day weekend. Anyone care to show up and do some nice riding, you're quite welcome.

ron203 said:
SteveJ. said:

I'll be there.

I'm off Sunday Aug 6th through the 14th...  Dammit Steve.....  When you breakin' camp in VA?
This might be doable for a couple of days then scoot to the Wolf...  Probably a 13hr day getting there.  :eek:

I can stick around until Wed the 9th in VA instead of Tuesday. ASSuming you meant September.  :) :beerchug:
That would give you three nights up there and two days of "local" riding.
Google shows 661 miles, and a time of 10:06 from my house.  It will be a good test for that fancy new seat you have.  :great:

Leave early, ride hard(and focused).

The campground does have decent, if older, showers.

The ride from VA to Suches is just over 300 miles allowing time to take some back roads.

I'm off Sunday Aug 6th through the 14th...  Dammit Steve.....  When you breakin' camp in VA?
This might be doable for a couple of days then scoot to the Wolf...  Probably a 13hr day getting there.

Road Runner said:

Claw of the Dragon is a new one for me, I have ridden the Back of he Dragon multiple times.  I just looked it up on google. Thanks for the tip

SteveJ. said:
I can stick around until Wed the 9th in VA instead of Tuesday. ASSuming you meant September.  :) :beerchug:
Google shows 661 miles, and a time of 10:06 from my house.  It will be a good test for that fancy new seat you have.  :great:

The ride from VA to Suches is just over 300 miles allowing time to take some back roads.

This might be doable for a couple of days then scoot to the Wolf...  Probably a 13hr day getting there.

10 hours on Google usually translates to 12-13 on a bike.  Especially in summer heat.  Then there’s
holiday weekend traffic and I95...  I’m scouring it over in my head.  My Ticker issue has my wife worried.

Mcfly said:
SteveJ. said:

10 hours on Google usually translates to 12-13 on a bike.  Especially in summer heat.  Then there’s
holiday weekend traffic and I95...  I’m scouring it over in my head.  My Ticker issue has my wife worried.

Traffic on Sunday shouldn't be a problem, Monday could/would be ugly.

COGnosticator said:
Road Runner said:

Claw of the Dragon is a new one for me, I have ridden the Back of he Dragon multiple times.  I just looked it up on google. Thanks for the tip

You're welcome!