• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2021 National Rally - Camping

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Due to popular demand, the 2021 rally will feature multiple camping options on-site!

Use Code 8835 (camping reservations only) If you already reserved, please call them back and give them the code so you'll be in with the rest of us (if you want that)

Lake Guntersville State Park has about 500 different sites ranging from primitive green-grass (GG) to improved sites, some with electricity, others with electricity and water. RV sites with 30 and 50 amp service, both back in and pull through are available.

There are sites near the lake, on the hill, under some trees, and in the sun. The guest wi-fi is broadcast from the bathhouse near where we'll be, but you may need/want to prepare to use your hotspot (just in case). The campground is down near the lake and the lodge is up on the ridge, about a mile away.The lodge has its own wi-fi of course.

If you're feeling "anti-social"  ;D you can also camp down the road a couple of miles in a primitive area on the lakeside, which is also managed through the park. That one is first come/first served.

Reservation info will be updated shortly, but since "inquiring minds want to know," this is a little info for you. When we know the area designated for us, we'll post it asap.

Come on out. "It's AL here!"

I just made my reservations for camping for the rally. When I opened the reservation site, I noticed all the days of the rally are blocked off to online reservation, so I called them directly. That worked nicely, but don't wait. Follow this link to see the map. Click on the box for the site you're interested in and see a snapshot of the site. https://www.reservealapark.com/AlabamaWebHome/Facilities/SearchViewUnitAvailabity.aspx

When you call the campground and remind them of being part of the group. They offer a senior (62+) and veteran's discount, so if those fit you, mention that, too. You have choices of sites from GG (Green grass) with no hookups but near the bath house, sites with electricity and water, and full RV hookups for your big ol' Class A. Best of all, it's AL here and close. You won't want to walk to the Lodge, but I guess YOU could (I'm not).

We're working on having a morning coffee pot for you campers at B-09, but please, no 32 or 64 oz "super Buc'ee's" or "Quick Trip"special mugs,please, and no showing up before 7:00 am. (You KNOW who you are... so share the love...) Anyone draining the pot makes the next one and I'll sic my wife on him..... :cool:

See you there!
Ron

Last edited:
When I made my reservations a few days ago, I looked on the website and about freaked out to see all the campsites blocked in red, then I realized they were blocked for US!

Make the call, ask for your site. ;) See you there!

I kept getting a forbidden 404 prompt when I tried to use the website to make a reservation for the rally. I called and was able to make the reservation on the phone, the number is 256-571-5440.

Cool. Thanks for the update. The state system was upgraded a few months ago. They might be having some additional upgrades. Also, they've blocked a LOT of space for us for awhile and if you look online, it looks like nothing is available, so calling is good. Thank you!

Hey all you "soon-to-be-national-rally 2021 campers." Want morning coffee?

MotoCommuter and Mrs. MotoCommuter brought me the big SE Area coffee pot this week (thanks Kurt and Kay) and the Rally Team is planning to have coffee for you starting in the mornings around 7:00 am or so over in the RV area starting on Monday morning of the rally.

Current plan is for a pop up canopy or something or maybe just under the canopy of my trailer. Look for a SE banner. We'll be parked straight down the street from the bath house in the trees in site B-09. Jeff Kerkow has graciously agreed to be the camping co-host and will be next to us.

Who's registered to camp? Do I need to bring TWO coffee pots? Post up and let me know! First come, first served. We'll have some cups or you can bring your own.

If you beat on the door prior to 7, Mrs. ron203 may come out shooting, so that is NOT advised. 😉

Rally & camping reservations completed. The infamous short bus will be there! Most likely just me, bus, C10, and possibly the Sherpa...no Lisa or psycho Bubba dog this trip.

My brother N Law and I are coming up from Florida with my Concours and a couple of R1200GS's as we want to run down some ADV trails in the state. We will be bringing my truck/trailer with a truck bed camper. Campground says we are good for a Primitive Area but hope to stay as close as reasonable to the events area and not "down the road a couple of miles" as mentioned. It is "first come first serve" so will get in there the evening before.

Good luck, but if worst comes to worst, that "Down the road a couple of miles" is lakeside and really pretty. The "couple of miles" is really a nice ride, too! I camped in a LOT worse places.

To the best of my knowledge as of today most of the rooms already booked.
I wonder how many people will be actually camping at this Rally?

Starting to get excited. As Ron posted we are right next to him. Should be fun to see all the folks.

Rally & camping reservations completed. The infamous short bus will be there! Most likely just me, bus, C10, and possibly the Sherpa...no Lisa or psycho Bubba dog this trip.
Edit: Lisa & Bubba WILL be attending. Well, just the campground part.

I forget which site we ended up with, but pretty sure it's not far away from the coffee :D☕

Anyone know the quality of connections in the camp ground? I mean is wifi good and all we need? How is the cell phone connection? Is there any digital TV stations to be had on the old antenna? Just planning for what we can and can't do from the van.

The wifi is available but only fairly near the bath house. Cell service is “okay” too, but better up on the ridge at the lodge (+600’ altitude). Several digital over the air stations are available. No park provided tv. HTH

There are some tent sites with electricity, so if you need/want that, let them know.

If you’re interested in a campfire tonight, check with the boys from Kentucky in the primitive camping area. They know what to do! (thanks guys!)