• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2021 National Rally Lodging (room) Reservations

bugnut

For lodge (room) reservations, use code 8689.

Just got off the phone with GSP for my res, and understand that there are no more Kings! But I'm royalty!  :)) However, plenty of Queen and double Queen rooms available.

First night deposit of 132.76 was required and that's with the COG group rate of 108 something something a night plus the associated fees, etc. Cancellation is up to 3 days prior for full refund with only a handling fee of 4 bucks and change.

Get your rooms early!

I reserve the right to be told I've done this wrong and will edit as needed.  :-[

"It's AL here!"

Mike

I'm finding it very difficult to make a reservation.  :mad:

I've called at least a dozen times since Sunday and on two occasions I was even able to talk to a live person.  Unfortunately the first time they put me on hold and after about 20+ minutes I hung up.  The second time, I talked to a very nice woman who told me that COG had only reserved campground space.  After explaining that this couldn't be correct, she then transferred me to reservations (I thought I was talking to reservations!) and the phone rang about six times before an answering machine picked up.  Very frustrating.  I'm wondering if anyone else is having similar issues?   

For what it's worth, they're short handed right now because of the pandemic, at least that's what they said when I was over there a couple of weeks ago. If you call them, dial "0" and then when someone picks up, ask for reservations. It's what I had to do when I changed my reservation for July 13.

I called earlier today (256-506-6621) and got a message that all agents were busy, and I could leave a callback number. They got back to me in about an hour and very efficiently got my reservation completed.

Bugnut said:
[size=14pt]
Just got off the phone with GSP for my res, and understand that there are no more Kings! But I'm royalty!  :))

Mike

Well Mike they either they have more last rooms or you're not royalty. We just got the last king room so they say.  :nananana: So does that make me royalty?  :)

ron203 said:
If you call them, dial "0" and then when someone picks up, ask for reservations.

That's what we had to do after leaving a call back # for a extended period of time. Dial "0" & ask for reservations.

I had no trouble making my reservation. I booked a 2 queen bed room.
I'm looking for someone to share the room with, I don't smoke (It's a no smoking room)
I plan to be there on the 14th and leave on the 18th.

When I made our reservation, I had no problem.  I hope it all goes well for everyone else.

Irene Silva

Thought you might like this view from the lodge taken last weekend. Look at the lakeshore and you will see the camping location.

Attachments

• Lodge morning.jpg
    Lodge morning.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 151
Well Mike they either they have more last rooms or you're not royalty. We just got the last king room so they say. :nananana: So does that make me royalty? :)

That's what we had to do after leaving a call back # for a extended period of time. Dial "0" & ask for reservations.
Remind to crown you both... it'll be a pleasure!

You might try dialing 0 for the operator when you get voicemail “tree”, then asking for the Lodge. I did that when trying to make camping reservation.

Be aware that the block of rooms reserved by the Lodge for the Rally will be released very soon. Current plans are to release the rooms (and lose the Rally discount rate) on the 15th of this month!

Flash dance??
I'll bring a camera.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: I just called to confirm my reservations.
I can't get anyone to answer the phone, just countless recordings, saying to push 1, 2, 3, etc etc ec. o_O

Last edited:
I have left two messages for the last two days for Lodge reservations and no one has called me back yet. I will try again tomorrow morning...any luck yet Ted?

I’ve found most hotels are harder to reach at check in and checkout times. Likewise staffing probably drops later in the evening and overnight. This hotel is on central time too, so that might be something to consider if you’re in another time zone.

I’ve found most hotels are harder to reach at check in and checkout times. Likewise staffing probably drops later in the evening and overnight. This hotel is on central time too, so that might be something to consider if you’re in another time zone.
Been calling in the morning times...I will try again this morning. I am two hours behind so I will call after 8am our time. I feel I will have success today. :D

In my case, all I want to do is confirm my reservations and possible adjust the arrival date.
I tried calling them again this morning.
No luck again. {press button x, listen then press button x, etc etc etc...}
So, I left a message again.
Very poor reservation system.

Ride safe, Ted

Got through on the third time today. Guess third time is the charm...We have reservations 6/13 and leaving on 6/18. Double Queen third floor! Woohoo!

I left a message and the (nice) lady called me back.
She said that she's the only person in the office.
She asked that we leave a message {preferably in the morning}, and (if we don't get thru) she promised to call us back.

Ride safe, Ted