• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2022 C14

mytmatt

I heard from a 100% unverified source yesterday that there won't be a 2022 C14, 2021 is the end of the line. Anyone have any actual facts about this?

Unless they do a new design, I don't really care. There are a bunch of nice used ones out there for a whole lot less money. What's the point of a 2022 that is basically the same? Another "interesting" color scheme? Just my opinion and worth what you paid for it.šŸ˜‰

Unless they do a new design, I don't really care. There are a bunch of nice used ones out there for a whole lot less money. What's the point of a 2022 that is basically the same? Another "interesting" color scheme? Just my opinion and worth what you paid for it.šŸ˜‰
Another "interesting" color scheme?
I assume that you mean RED...

Ride safe, Ted

Another "interesting" color scheme?
I assume that you mean RED...

Ride safe, Ted

Nothing interesting about slow a$$ Mattel toy Red. And blistering fast Neutron Sliver has already been done - multiple times, unlike their prior color mistakes. :eek: Maybe one in the classic Lawson green. It gotta be faster than granny Red. šŸ¤£

Talk is cheap...
Someday, we're gonna have to do a compar"ohhh".. :devilish:
,,,,, The "Ohhh" is when you discover that the RED bike is faster than the Silver bike..
See above: The Silver can barely be seen behind the RED.. :LOL:

Ride safe, Ted (Let the FLAMES begin..)

Talk is cheap...
Someday, we're gonna have to do a compar"ohhh".. :devilish:
,,,,, The "Ohhh" is when you discover that the RED bike is faster than the Silver bike..
See above: The Silver can barely be seen behind the RED.. :LOL:

Ride safe, Ted (Let the FLAMES begin..)

Like I have said many times. If you put someone on the back of yours then we have a race. As a 300 pounder I'm "two up" all the time but would give you a pretty good run anyway. Not to mention I have not made a career out of compensating, err improving, my bike because it started life a dirt slow Red one! :whistle:

My 2011 is fast as a bullet the way it sits, but I admit the prior owner made some very serious investments in it. Including shipping THE BIKE (he says) to Florida for exhaust and tuning mods including dyno work. I believe him because he has an impressive stable of high quality bikes and plenty of spending money.

I have had no trouble winning every challenge thus far, including a new Corvette last weekend in the desert. Maybe he got scared at 130 and I continued pulling away......:devilish: I pulled over a few miles ahead on 247 between Barstow and Lucerne Valley - if you ever make it out here thats a terrific place to wind a bike up for a speed run. About 15 miles of paved and mostly deserted road that will remind you of a freakin runway! It's better than the dry lake beds around here that many bikes lose traction on when doing timed runs. The land speed folks are very active out here.

The Vet driver pulled over and we chatted for a few minutes. He laughed and said he thought he would "blow the fat guys doors off" until I turned the tables on him and quickly passed him! He was shocked at how quick a Connie is, but never admitted to losing his nerve when we really got going. I would have gladly hit the redline in 6th if I had to. You know me, I'm pretty stubborn when challenged. šŸ¤Ŗ You may recall I routinely did 150-170 on weekends back in the 80's riding a fully sponsored drag bike that had a serious evil streak! šŸ˜ˆ Those were good times and I was a crazy 20 year old! Little has changed since then. I slow down now on the twisties, but I'm still am mostly unafraid in a straight line with quality paving. (y)

Like I have said many times. If you put someone on the back of yours then we have a race. As a 300 pounder I'm "two up" all the time but would give you a pretty good run anyway. Not to mention I have not made a career out of compensating, err improving, my bike because it started life a dirt slow Red one! :whistle:

My 2011 is fast as a bullet the way it sits, but I admit the prior owner made some very serious investments in it. Including shipping THE BIKE (he says) to Florida for exhaust and tuning mods including dyno work. I believe him because he has an impressive stable of high quality bikes and plenty of spending money.

I have had no trouble winning every challenge thus far, including a new Corvette last weekend in the desert. Maybe he got scared at 130 and I continued pulling away......:devilish: I pulled over a few miles ahead on 247 between Barstow and Lucerne Valley - if you ever make it out here thats a terrific place to wind a bike up for a speed run. About 15 miles of paved and mostly deserted road that will remind you of a freakin runway! It's better than the dry lake beds around here that many bikes lose traction on when doing timed runs. The land speed folks are very active out here.

The Vet driver pulled over and we chatted for a few minutes. He laughed and said he thought he would "blow the fat guys doors off" until I turned the tables on him and quickly passed him! He was shocked at how quick a Connie is, but never admitted to losing his nerve when we really got going. I would have gladly hit the redline in 6th if I had to. You know me, I'm pretty stubborn when challenged. šŸ¤Ŗ You may recall I routinely did 150-170 on weekends back in the 80's riding a fully sponsored drag bike that had a serious evil streak! šŸ˜ˆ Those were good times and I was a crazy 20 year old! Little has changed since then. I slow down now on the twisties, but I'm still am mostly unafraid in a straight line with quality paving. (y)
Haha people still running hot on that road. I was stationed at NTC just outside Barstow. Used to have fun getting stupid on those roads.

Haha people still running hot on that road. I was stationed at NTC just outside Barstow. Used to have fun getting stupid on those roads.

Absolutely! That road is concrete for the most part and smooth as a babies butt! It makes sense that it is concrete when you consider there are 4 large concrete plants within 10 to 20 minutes of it. It is one thing there is plenty of in that area the ingredients for concrete. Well that, and coyotes (at night), jackrabbits and an honest to goodness live road runner once in a while. They are ugly, but fast - kind of like Ted's bike!

For what it's worth, I did not spot a Concours in Kawasaki's line-up of demo rides they are conducting near me this coming weekend (see attached list). But, that does not necessarily mean anything. Just sharing ...

Attachments

• Kawasaki Demo Rides.jpg
    Kawasaki Demo Rides.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 109
I just bought a 2021 ZX-10R. I know the 2022 ZX10r is not discontinued and isnt on the list.. More importantly they put a full ride by wire system on the ZX10 with cruise control!

Last edited:
A 2022 Connie is listed on Kawasaki's website:
Good to see! I thought it was gone forever and they would push everyone toward the H2 SX. Unfortunately it doesn't look like there have been any upgrades at all.

A 2022 Connie is listed on Kawasaki's website:

Yes, the '22 comes with a moderate upgrade.............. to the pinstriping.
Red?
Really?
Was Ted on their engineering committee and helped make that design refinement and just didn't tell us about his side gig?
Inquiring minds want to know! LOLOLOLOL

Last edited: