• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2022 SPIDER RIDE September 15th-18th

G-Mazz

REGISTRATION IS OPEN and on the event calendar.

The 2022, SPIDER RIDE is scheduled for September 15th-18th at HUZZAH VALLEY RESORT in Steelville, MO. At this time the rally will have the same format as previous years. Thursday meals are your on your own. Breakfast is provided Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning. Dinner is provided on Friday and Saturday evenings. Soft drinks and water will be provided all weekend. The format and meal selection could to change depending on the circumstances in September. However, riding in the area is always great!

This year I have moved the camping area next to PAVILION #2 in the grassy area across from the cabins. (See map on the registration page) This will make it MUCH EASIER to access meals, drinks and you will have a slightly shorter walk to the shower house and restrooms. Most importantly everyone will be located in one general area making it a better environment to hang out and meet people.

Please book your cabin or tent camping reservations at: huzzahvalley.com or call 800-367-4516.

I am also planning to prepare our own meals to keep the registration costs ($45) the same as previous years. In doing so I will need volunteers to help with:

*washing dishes/utensils
*serving meals
*Cooking and meal preparation
*general clean up

If you are interested in helping, please indicate your preference at the end of the registration page, THANK YOU.
Help has never been an issue in the past. I'm sure we will have enough volunteers that you would be helping only one meal for the weekend. Thank You in advance for helping to make this another special event for everyone.

Let's make this a big event and get your friends to attend. If you have any questions email or call/text me at 314-606-2233.
In the meantime take care of yourself and see you there!!
Gary Mazzola

Last edited:
Thanks Steve. Looking forward to seeing you in the dinner serving line again. We barely made it last year without your help;).

We got 11 registered exactly one month before the event. Working on the food menu right now. I promise you'll have awesome meals and you won't go hungry. LET'S GET MORE PEOPLE REGISTERED SO I KNOW HOW MUCH FOOD TO ORDER.

This year there is another attraction that is truly a must see. www.classicbikehq.com
This museum has approximately 150 motorcycles on display and is located in a new building about ONE HOUR from Huzzah Valley. This is a private collection with hours on Thursday from 10:00-3:00 and Saturday from 10:00-2:00. The $10 admission fee is donated to their various charities. There are some good roads to follow after your museum visit.

I've been to this museum when it was located in south St. Louis, MO Lots of cool bikes from our childhoods and maybe a few you may have or still own. Check out the website. If you have additional questions, Jack Gindra has more information. (cogrides@yahoo.com)

Looking forward to seeing everyone and hoping for a big crowd again.

Just signed up Joane will shortly.
Attached is a zip file containing some routes in the area. They are in three formats. Microsoft Streets & Tips, Garmin - GDB, and Generic GPX. They are in a zipped file. If you can't get them loaded I will be at the Event and can help you there.

Attachments

• Routes.zip
    262.7 KB · Views: 75
We are officially signed in as of a couple of days ago. Our plan is to dry camp at Watercress Spring at Van Buren, MO on the way over from RWTW, then on to the Kettle campground in Eureka Springs for four nights after the Spider. Then...?(Maybe Push Mountain just cuz)

Looking forward to this as I had to abort last year.

I'm in. Just finished the registration. Looking forward to the Spider Ride, as always.

The plan is to head down early with a few COG members and spend a couple of days wearing out tires in Arkansas. From there we will head towards Steelville. What a nice way to spend some mid-September days.

See you soon.

OH GEEZ.....I better bring the portable tire changer along if you guys are heading to Arkansas before the Spider!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. I can hear it now,
"I had plenty of tread before I left." I'm happy you guys are making the trip to the Spider.

We are up to 23 registrations but there is still room for many more. Maybe a TEASER of winning nice prizes will get more registrations. I scored some very nice YETI ($$$) gifts this year. So....can't win if you don't attend.

I know we have several first time Spider registrants on the list, so let's go. Get your registration in so you can meet some of our new members and their friends.
As always, I look forward to hosting a this event for everyone. There will be great roads, great food, and most importantly awesome people always attend the Spider!!

We are officially signed in as of a couple of days ago. Our plan is to dry camp at Watercress Spring at Van Buren, MO on the way over from RWTW, then on to the Kettle campground in Eureka Springs for four nights after the Spider. Then...?(Maybe Push Mountain just cuz)

Looking forward to this as I had to abort last year.
Just south of Van Buren MO you could stay at Big Springs campground is a very nice national forest campground.
some of the early Spider Rides were there.
route 103 on the west side of the river

Last edited:
Just south of Van Buren MO you could stay at Big Springs campground is a very nice national forest campground.
some of the early Spider Rides were there.
route 103 on the west side of the river
I have visited that campground and area, very nice. We will be visiting to enjoy the springs.
I like Watercress cuz it is closer to town and more laid back. IIRC, we can walk to town, plus there is cell service there. Cell was quite iffy at Big Springs.

Edit to add: we may check that out, thanks.

Edit to add: Looking at Accu weather long term weather it could be a touch warm in that area, booked an electric site at Big Springs. Thanks again Jack.

Last edited:
It's has been a good week for registrations. We are now up to 35, plus a couple of others I know who are attending. Wednesday, Sept. 7th is the last day to register. So if you're on the fence, please get registered now. I'm starting to purchase food and finalizing plans. Get signed up soon!!

Last edited:
It's has been a good week for registrations. We are now up to 35, plus a couple of others I know who are attending. Wednesday, June 7th is the last day to register. So if you're on the fence, please get registered now. I'm starting to purchase food and finalizing plans. Get signed up soon!!

June 7th? I think you meant September 7th. Just saying.... It was really early or really late when you posted this 😉😌😴😁

Everything is shaping up for another great Spider Ride. Today at midnight is the last day to register for the event. Currently we will be just over 40 participants, a nice size group but there is still room for more.

If your considering attending, act now. I believe you'll be happy with your decision to attend. Lots of great roads, people and food. What better way to spend your fall weekend!

Thanks to everyone for getting registered. We are up to 45 participants, which is a very good turnout. The weekend weather looks great; warm, dry and low humidity.

I'll be icing down the food and loading the trailer Wednesday evening in hopes for a quick get away Thursday morning. If all goes well I plan to arrive no later than 11:00 am.

Here are a few reminders:
*All Campers, RVers and Cabin dwellers need to check-in with Huzzah Valley when you pull in the parking lot.
* The parking lot and road are gravel. Be cautious as you ride on the resort property, especially when entering from Highway 8.
* Tent Campers should set up in the grassy field near pavilion #2 across from the cabins. The general store personnel will show you the location when you arrive.

Steve Johnston: You'll only be 90 minutes from Huzzah Valley once you arrive in Van Buren, MO. I'm penciling you in for as a dinner server. You've got too much talent and experience to ignore👍. Ron Simmons: It would be awesome if you came out this way. In fact, you can easily make it this year. Gas up, Gear up, and just GO west. Tell me how you like your omelets and I'll make one special just for you. We'll keep the campfire lit for your arrival.

Again many thanks to everyone who is planning to attend. I'm looking forward to seeing the WEB OF CONNECTIONS we make this year.

Thanks to everyone for getting registered. We are up to 45 participants, which is a very good turnout. The weekend weather looks great; warm, dry and low humidity.

I'll be icing down the food and loading the trailer Wednesday evening in hopes for a quick get away Thursday morning. If all goes well I plan to arrive no later than 11:00 am.

Here are a few reminders:
*All Campers, RVers and Cabin dwellers need to check-in with Huzzah Valley when you pull in the parking lot.
* The parking lot and road are gravel. Be cautious as you ride on the resort property, especially when entering from Highway 8.
* Tent Campers should set up in the grassy field near pavilion #2 across from the cabins. The general store personnel will show you the location when you arrive.

Steve Johnston: You'll only be 90 minutes from Huzzah Valley once you arrive in Van Buren, MO. I'm penciling you in for as a dinner server. You've got too much talent and experience to ignore👍. Ron Simmons: It would be awesome if you came out this way. In fact, you can easily make it this year. Gas up, Gear up, and just GO west. Tell me how you like your omelets and I'll make one special just for you. We'll keep the campfire lit for your arrival.

Again many thanks to everyone who is planning to attend. I'm looking forward to seeing the WEB OF CONNECTIONS we make this year.
The spousal unit will also be at your(our) service, can you slot her for the same times? Thanks. See ya Thursday.

PS, make that 90 minutes into 2 hours as we are in a wreck all creation vehicle.

Judy, and I had a great time this year. Glad we could stay for the entire weekend this year.
BIG thanks to Gary and everyone that worked to pull this off.

Thanks to Gary and everyone that helped make this a huge success. The weather was fantastic, the food was wonderful, and the company of friends was great. Oh yea, the roads are always great.

My wife's family wasn't happy with me as I missed their family reunion. The COG family is a lot more fun to be with. Looks like I'll be on their sh*t list again next year.

Thanks to all that make this event happen. Margie had fun also. between the RWTW and the Spider Rally, she was impressed and a bit surprised at the comradery and just genuinely nice folks.

Thanks to Gary and his core group of helpers. They have taken a good rally and made it a great rally. I sometimes get concerned about going back for 10 or 12 years and riding the same roads over again, but I'm always happy as I ride on Y and K and 32 and 34 and 19 and many more.

Picture is me and Jim heading out for 310 miles on Friday. Repeated on Saturday in the reverse direction.

Attachments

• 20220916_093256.jpg
    20220916_093256.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 80