• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

21st Annual Volcano Ride

Gumby said:
Love to go ride, but this is Vernonia Jamboree weekend.
Dan has added  a Three Passes ride on the 21st :great: :motonoises:
OPTIONS!  :beerchug: :motonoises:

I spent the day checking out the roads up by Mt. Adams, and I have come to the conclusion that the ride will conclude in Trout Lake.  If anybody wants to brave the pavement past Mt. Adams I will be happy to tell them how to get there, but after stopping to pick up my cooler when it was bounced off my seat -twice- I'm not going back.

FYI
I know this is not on the official route.
The RAT group rode FR 25 to Windy Ridge two Sat's ago..
I rode the ADV bike with plenty of suspension.
FR 25 is as usual very rough on a street bike (especially older bikes or cruisers) with the usual sinks in the road. With the road in afternoon shadows much of the way so hard to see the pavement damages.

I will be invader at the little crane Café Saturday morning. I have reservations at the timberline in suite Castle rock Friday night..Dale :)

Great ride today around St. Helens! Always an excellent ride with Charlie, Dan, Grant, Dale & Susan!! I had to peel off early to get back for next day preparations. Also we did a nice little hidden gem of a road on the way back down from St. Helens...lots of curves and rolling hills. Can't wait to try that again soon!

Here's the route we did before our lunch stop in Castle Rock...
https://a.rever.co/rides/1014952

Attachments

• St Helens COG ride.JPG
    St Helens COG ride.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 111