• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

3rd Connie

firedaniel

Well I was a long time member having a 93 and a 94 Connie I rode for years. I had every farlkle on those bikes and loved to ride. When my dad sold his wing I sold mine. We had rode for years together. Now I’m back with a 08 my uncle had with 12k miles. Looking forward to getting back into it!

Welcome back Daniel. I remember when you had the other bikes. The c-14 is a big step up in tech and riding experience. You're gonna like it. Just remember to change all the fluids, and with that bike (less than 1000 miles / yr) any place rubber and fluid are in contact it should be addressed. I would also dump and clean the tank, and replace the fuel filter.
Steve

If you have the tank off, be sure to check the square rubber gasket used to seal the fuel gage sending unit. My 09 was in a garage for for 8 years when I bought her last year. Noticed a “phantom” gas smell that I could not figure out. Finally realized fuel leaking from around the sending unit running down the hot engine and onto the exhaust. The gasohol corroded the metal of the fuel gage sender and hardened the rubber gasket. Replaced the gasket and cleaned up the sender to fix the issue. I only use pure gas so it should never happen again.