• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

4th of July Thrill Ride, Marietta Ohio

gsjay

LODGING:

Baymont by Wyndham, Marietta Ohio
https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/baymont/marietta-ohio/baymont-marietta/overview

A very reasonable room rate was negotiated...  $60.00 + tax / night
The motel has a restaurant & lounge onsite
There is an outdoor pool to cool you off after a day of riding
There are grills available for cooking
This location is at a major interstate intersection. Anything you want can be found near by
The motel is a short Uber ride into Historic Marietta, and I plan on spending at least one night "On The Town!"
https://mariettaohio.org/
Call the hotel directly to book your room (mention Concours Owners Group 2020)
740-374-9660

RIDING:
Check out these rides provided by local tourism bureau:  https://www.windy9.com/
Additional self-guided GPS files may be available.

thanks Jay, Love it all...

if I show, I'll be glad to have followers do the best of So-Ho, and I know the roads that rock...... trying to schedule the 4th, for Dona and I in my favorite riding zone.. I know the back roads... paved, and unpaved...

hey, you coming into town for the Cleveland M/C Expo?

see y'all...

MAN OF BLUES said:
thanks Jay, Love it all...

if I show, I'll be glad to have followers do the best of So-Ho, and I know the roads that rock...... trying to schedule the 4th, for Dona and I in my favorite riding zone.. I know the back roads... paved, and unpaved...

hey, you coming into town for the Cleveland M/C Expo?

see y'all...
I don't think we're going to the Show this year.
j

I've got some GPS route that start and end in St. Clairsville, Oh.............

I think they can be reworked to start and end in Marietta.

Anyone able to look at them and adjust?

jason

Jason,

I got the files, and will work on them over the next couple of weeks. I get some down time at work where I only have to monitor radio calls. It is hit or miss so it might take a while.

Jeff

JPD said:
Jason,

I got the files, and will work on them over the next couple of weeks. I get some down time at work where I only have to monitor radio calls. It is hit or miss so it might take a while.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff. Appreciate your help.
jason

How many rooms did you book/block? just curious, that really is an awesome price for that holiday, everything else around there will be 2x that price, if you can get a room..

I'd say book early for sure.
Marietta Cab/Taxi co., is very low price, fast, and courteous also. so trips to the "west end, and Harmar" or even Parkersburg, are like the price of a beverage when sharing a taxi.

:great: :great: ;)

If you can, shoot me the gps maps also, I can look them over, and add some nice routes.

I have reworked the gps files and route sheets to start and end in Marietta. I modified the gps files to put any way points after turns. My gps will split longer trips into segments and recalculate after a marked way point. By moving the way points it will do that after you make the turn not as it comes up. If you want to run them in the opposite direction you will have to rework them.

Trip 1 and 4 are same with small changes and the addition of the stop at Jimbo Clarks(Google maps named JimBo's Burgers and Beer)

I haven't ever been on these routes, I don't know what the road condition or suitability for a ride are.

I use Garmin Basecamp with the fastest routing option and avoidance for dirt roads. One of my GPS units doesn't have curvy roads routing and I don't like to ride our C-10 two up on dirt.

Attachments

• 2020 trip 1gps.zip
    104.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 2020 trip 2gps.zip
    117.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 2020 trip 3gps.zip
    121.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 2020 trip 4 Jimbo Clarksgps.zip
    122.1 KB · Views: 98
More trip files

Trip 6 Is a one way route from Zelienople PA. This route came from a 2013 ride that ended in Marietta.

Trip 7 is from that event also.

Attachments

• 2020 trip 5 Triple Nickelgps.zip
    115.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 2020 trip 6gps.zip
    110.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 2020 trip 7gps.zip
    103.2 KB · Views: 106
JPD, WOW thanks...............I didn't think you'd do all of them!

Another example of great people, in a great club!

jason

We where in Marietta this weekend...............
Ohio is further along in reopening than some states.
Dining in, limited numbers..........
Town was quite but still nice to be there.
Rode some of the Windy 9 routes. Lots of twisties.
Looking forward to a good turnout.
BOOK THOSE ROOMS!
jason

Just wanted let everyone know, because of the Covid 19 rules that the Pool will not be open................

Book those rooms!
jason

This event is only a month out.............

Only 7 registered at this point.

Book those rooms!
Jason

I've heard from a bunch of folks...............

Pittsburgh Clem, Daphoneman, Westminster gang, Johnstown gang.

I think we're going to have a good turn out of this event!

Book those rooms !

jason

UPDATE June 10th.

9 Rooms Booked. More avaliable!

Onsite bar & restaurant are not open as of today due to lack of demand. Front desk said they are getting busier by the day and would expect them to be open by the 4th of July weekend.

unfortunately the pool is closed and won't be opened this season (we're hearing this at other venues too)

BOOK THOSE ROOMS.
jason

I just called the motel............

Bar & Resturant are Closed! Bar might be opened if motel is booked full.
Pool Closed.

It's gonna be hot!
Rooms have Fridges.

See you soon.
jason

Due to changes in the Covid stitution and forecasted hight temps this event may not be as well attended as expected...............

Event not cancelled, but I know some have deiceded to not go............

Use caution if you go.

tks,
jason

Myself and a friend will still be attending  Arriving Thursday    CHEERS  We are thinking about destinations  A couple are Hillbilly hot dogs in Huntington WV & Greenbrier brewery in Greenbrier WV
:great: :beerchug:

Pittsburgh_Clem said:
Myself and a friend will still be attending  Arriving Thursday    CHEERS  We are thinking about destinations  A couple are Hillbilly hot dogs in Huntington WV & Greenbrier brewery in Greenbrier WV

You'll fit right in at Hillybilly Hotdog!
jason

gsjay said:
Pittsburgh_Clem said:

You'll fit right in at Hillybilly Hotdog!
jason

Are used to jump out of Huntington West Virginia. I’ve been there a few times. And yes I fit right in