• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

540 Mile W Colorado E Utah Loop today

nickrides

Early departure from Telluride 5:15 am. Chillier than I thought it was going to be at 21 f.
Had my heated jacket and grips on High and it wasn't bad.
Left in the dark and was pleased how well my stock headlights worked!
I had zero nighttime riding on my 2104 C14 this morning.

Headed out the West end of Colorado to Paradox, La Sal Lisbon Valley, Monticello Ut turned west at Blanding Ut for Hanksville Ut. Crystal clear and no traffic or LEO's. No wind. Stopped in Hanksville for a bite to eat and continued north up to I 70 eat to Crescent Junction then south to Moab.
South of Moab took U 46 east to home..
540 mile loop in 10 hrs.
With my farkled out C14- it is so nice for long distance now.
Glad I bought that thing
It is so much fun to ride!
Nick
2014 C-14 Black

Nickrides said:
540 mile loop in 10 hrs.
With my farkled out C14- it is so nice for long distance now.
Glad I bought that thing
It is so much fun to ride!
Nick

Nice - very jealous.  I've not ridden there - any photo(s)? 
That average speed is moving right along!

Yea RedFox
You should put it on your bucket list to spend a few days riding Western Colorado, Eastern Utah, it is a amazing area. Super Scenic, great roads, NO traffic, cheap rooms.
I am so lucky to be a rider here, all sorts of day loops and out and back rides, from small medium and large.
We generally follow the temperatures, spring and fall in the lower deserts, summers in the high mountains.
If you guys ever need any pointers on routes out here, and places to stay, PM and I'll help you out.
Nick

Ok putting this on my bucket list. Maybe if the Colorado Classic bicycle race happens and I'm selected to help out with moto officiating services, I'll ping you! I'll probably head down from Bend OR thru Ogden UT to Denver or Snowmass village depending on weather and roads. I've done some of the Boulder and Denver areas many years ago but would love to try these new areas.  :beerchug:

North of Vernal there's some great riding up to Flaming Gorge. Utah is an amazing state - so much variety - desert, mountains, forests and mountains.

Greenie
Just north of Vernal there's this great state park -RED FLEET
Great place to camp and in the summer the lake is really clean, has a beach and is warm for great swimming!
Shade sand cliff jumping !
Nick

Great Ride Nick!! Glad your bike handled it very well! Love that loop!  :)

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

" Greenie
Just north of Vernal there's this great state park -RED FLEET "

You've reminded me just how much I would like to ride in this area again. I worked for a short time at a state park north of Vernal. Red Fleet was a federal land back then.  We were broke back then (the reason why I didn't stay at that job) but we did cover Red Fleet and points north. Sheep Creek Canyon had some very twisty and scenic roads to enjoy.