• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

6 Unique Lunch Stops In the Northeast

S Smith

Northeast Area Director
Which ones have you been to?

I've actually been to all of them. Although the General store in Centerville on Cape Cod was with the family in the car on vacation. All the rest I have been to on the bikes. Some of them in Cars as well. Is the Brick Store open again? It had been closed for a long time with the end of the world. IIRC, they had a sign saying closed permanently. I don't know if that still constitutes continuously operating. But I really enjoy a coffee and a bit of fresh fudge out near the covered bridge and falls.
The Warren store used to be better. It seems a little too city influenced recently. But still a nice spot to visit and have a sandwich next to the stream. There are other General stores they could have included as well. Maybe a sequel article. General stores, waterfalls and covered bridges are my favorite stops on trips/rides. A nice article that brings back memories.

Where is this place?

P5190046-L.jpg

Been by it a number of times when hopping notches by my lonesome, and also when riding in groups. Just can't remember where it is.

The above picture was taken during the '01 Spring Fling at Stratton Mountain, VT when riding with these characters:

P5190053-L.jpg

FWIW - I know who they are.

EDIT: Found it.

It's the Old Hancock Hotel (Hancock, VT) at the intersection of Vermont Routes 100 and 125. Another pix revealed the route numbers.

Last edited:
Where is this place?

P5190046-L.jpg

Been by it a number of times when hopping notches by my lonesome, and also when riding in groups. Just can't remember where it is.

The above picture was taken during the '01 Spring Fling at Stratton Mountain, VT when riding with these characters:

P5190053-L.jpg

FWIW - I know who they are.

EDIT: Found it.

It's the Old Hancock Hotel (Hancock, VT) at the intersection of Vermont Routes 100 and 125. Another pix revealed the route numbers.

I've eaten there. If I recall correctly, it was like sitting in Grandma's house. Knick Knacks all around, that I think were for sale. It's been a while. There are two nice waterfalls near by as well. Granville just up 100 a little bit. And I forget the other ones name. IIRC, It's just up the road off 125, on a connecting road.

I've eaten there. If I recall correctly, it was like sitting in Grandma's house. Knick Knacks all around, that I think were for sale. It's been a while. There are two nice waterfalls near by as well. Granville just up 100 a little bit. And I forget the other ones name. IIRC, It's just up the road off 125, on a connecting road.
I've eaten there as well, but it's been a while. Kinda bugged me that I couldn't remember where it was. Been though many of those roads over the years. Hard to keep track if you don't get back very often.