• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

78k valve check.

kzz1king

Mine didn't move much second round. My first check I had 3 tight valves (40k) that I had to put smaller shims in to get a measurement. This time they didn't move much. Gonna leave them. Numbers with a .5 we're ones where the next gauge up went in tightly.

Attachments

• PXL_20211124_203753493.jpg
    PXL_20211124_203753493.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 115
Mine didn't move much second round. My first check I had 3 tight valves (40k) that I had to put smaller shims in to get a measurement. This time they didn't move much. Gonna leave them. Numbers with a .5 we're ones where the next gauge up went in tightly.
Did you own the machine from showroom 0 miles? Seems like minimal movement, dissimilar to the average experience.

Also do you have the actual full measurement in inches or mm? Stinks to tear her all down for no opportunity to approve, but got to check...

No. I bought it at 30k. Adjusted at 38. At that time 3 we're way out of spec and the a couple more a little out. The numbers are just feeler gauges in thousandths., .009 and so fourth I could move some up to the higher end or middle but I am not sure that's needed.

My '08 will be coming up for its second inspection in a year or so. Will be interesting to see how much (if any) they moved. FWIW, I set all to the middle of their respective ranges when I had the bike apart for its first check.

My '08 will be coming up for its second inspection in a year or so. Will be interesting to see how much (if any) they moved. FWIW, I set all to the middle of their respective ranges when I had the bike apart for its first check.
That was my goal the first time but I didn't do the math quite right and didn't want to pull the cams again..I was happy to see mine didn't move much especially since so many were out of whack the first go round.