• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

SOLD, 86 Concours for sale 45k miles

dannl9632096

Have a good bike that needs to to be used. I'm not riding much anymore just keeping up the maintenace and riding a few miles now and then to keep the gas fresh. Just went through the carbs (2004 replacements) again, runs smooth, sharp and strong. Kept it in road worthy shape, coolant system good new hoses, new water pump, thermostat at some point, tires less than 3k, brakes all good have replaced rotors, steel lines, good pads. Sargent seat, complete set of luggage not beat up or scratched, top trunk also. Bunch of other mods over the years. Everthing works except the tachometer is not taching and I haven't got around to replacing it. Bike still looks decent and cann be ridden anywhere. $1000 to Connie people. Maybe trade for interesting toys. Not looking to make money just want to go to someone who will ride it. dannl963@hotmail.com (area code 70808)

Have a good bike that needs to to be used. I'm not riding much anymore just keeping up the maintenace and riding a few miles now and then to keep the gas fresh. Just went through the carbs (2004 replacements) again, runs smooth, sharp and strong. Kept it in road worthy shape, coolant system good new hoses, new water pump, thermostat at some point, tires less than 3k, brakes all good have replaced rotors, steel lines, good pads. Sargent seat, complete set of luggage not beat up or scratched, top trunk also. Bunch of other mods over the years. Everthing works except the tachometer is not taching and I haven't got around to replacing it. Bike still looks decent and cann be ridden anywhere. $1000 to Connie people. Maybe trade for interesting toys. Not looking to make money just want to go to someone who will ride it. dannl963@hotmail.com (area code 70808)
Do you have any pictures? Sounds great shape for a 36 YR old machine. Have you been the single owner?

I am the second owner. The original owner lived in Lafayette, LA. , rode it for about 15k miles and parked it. I bought it from him in 93, I think i reemember? and took it apart cleaned off the dust and lubed and serviced everthing, also replaced the gas tank because I hate rusty fuel. Had no problems after that, then started doing the usual Concours add ons and mods. Service manual, spares and helmet go with it. I do have bunch of pics which I can send to a email if anyone is interested. (I am retiring and moving to the sticks so I have limited internet access). Would like for someone who likes Concours to get it and enjoy it.

That's a good deal for someone!
Hope you find a buyer that will appreciate a great bike at a great price!

Where you located? I'm in Hattiesburg ,MS

Hi Jeffer,
Apologies for late response I'm in the middle of a move and have some difficulty getting internet access. The bike is in Baton Rouge. I splurged on a full membership, So here is photo (I hope).P1010129.JPG

Nice looking 1st year of production 86 bike. Other add ons I see, aftermarket exhaust cans, that give it a more throatier sound when opening up the throttle, front fender extender, baker upper fairing air deflectors.
GLWS

Okay, I'll play.... I also see bar risers, a Rifle windshield system, stainless steel screw kit, and a fork brace. :)

Last edited:
Also see Cobra F1s mufflers, rifle windshield, Passenger Backrest, trunk (brand ??), seat is not stock, Backrest, SS Brake and Clutch lines, adjustable clutch and brake levers,.

Last edited:
Is this Connie still for sale? I have previously owned two 86's "Silver Damnit"s and am looking to get back into riding after a few years off.

Please let me know either way.

Lou

Yes, twice. no response so far. If it is sold that is fine, but I am VERY interested, as in want to buy it. If you have additional info please pm me.

Lou, I think ya got a heckofadeal.
But, don't buy Konehead any beer.
ie; He owes me many. So, you can buy the beer for me. {in his stead}

Ride safe, Ted
(Happy that I could help clarify that)

Last edited:
Just got home from picking her up. Got a rental car and drove to Baton Rouge. Made the deal yesterday morning, and rode 428 first day. Then got up and rode the final 378 miles home, the last 3 hours in rain. She ran perfectly, well other than developing a droopy mirror, LOL. Not too bad for a totally out of shape 50 year old that hadnt ridden in 6 years. :)