• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

92 Connie for Sale $1000 70k miles SOLD

tschutter

Big Wheel
I have a 92 Connie for sale.  Great bike for someone with a little time for care and attention.  I’ve owned this bike for 4 years.  When I bought it, it had 27,000 miles, now it has 70,500.  It’s been a great bike for me.  This past summer I put a little over 13,000 miles on her without any major service.  This year I also put her down on the right side and some of the plastic needs repair.  See link for detail what is needed as well as the existing features so you can make an informed decision.  See pictures at:
  https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=tim.schutter&target=ALBUM&id=5573362376915110081&authkey=Gv1sRgCNDgv7jtutfLBg&feat=email
and the detailed document:
  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CcEh4GZ1GV-BiABXrfulmbWdwZbDFfe48qG02kLd-sE/edit?hl=en&authkey=CLGlgfAD
I can trailer it within reason.  Thanks for looking.  Tim Schutter.  Contact me at:    tim.schutter (at  symbol) gmail.com  I live in western Michigan.

I'm not in the area, but would think it would be a good deal for someone wanting a project bike.
The bike itself looks reparable, but if someone nearby needs a motor, they could buy it, use the motor and part the bike out.

Ride safe, Ted

Tim,
Hope you weren't hurt in the drop!
Hope it will help you get into another bike if that is your wish!

For a grand you shouldn't have much problem moving it. This site is pretty heavy with riders in the area.  I would love to have it for a part bike to send off parts for upgrades without taking my bike down. Perhaps others in the area will be able to take advantage of you!  >:D

Like Ted i'm in the Texas area even though I would be concidered a northerner by Ted's standards being way up in the DFW area!  :p

doug said:
Like Ted i'm in the Texas area even though I would be concidered a northerner by Ted's standards being way up in the DFW area!  :p
Dang Yankees!  :D

Thanks for the support and encouragement.  I'm moving to another bike that I already have my eye on.  It's a 93 with 40k miles.  I found it at such a deal that I can't pass it up nor can I convince my wife that I 'need' two.  So I'll try to keep the garage clean by owning only one bike at a time.  I'm pretty taken with the connie as a whole.  Last summer I went with my brothers (3) about 4800 miles in a week.  Beside the Connie, there is the Honda ST1100, Harley Road King, and a BMW LT.  We spent too much time in the repair shops but not on my account.  And one other bike as well - can you guess which one?  That's right the ST.  So I couldn't help but swagger a little each and every time we entered a shop. 

tschutter said:
Thanks for the support and encouragement.  I'm moving to another bike that I already have my eye on.  It's a 93 with 40k miles.  I found it at such a deal that I can't pass it up nor can I convince my wife that I 'need' two.  So I'll try to keep the garage clean by owning only one bike at a time.  I'm pretty taken with the connie as a whole.  Last summer I went with my brothers (3) about 4800 miles in a week.  Beside the Connie, there is the Honda ST1100, Harley Road King, and a BMW LT.  We spent too much time in the repair shops but not on my account.  And one other bike as well - can you guess which one?  That's right the ST.  So I couldn't help but swagger a little each and every time we entered a shop.

The St1100 was the only other bike on my veryshort list. 4650 for a beautifully kept 40k machine but it was in the tropical deep south down by Houston! The Connie appeared 10 miles away for 5k I talked him into the 4650 with tax and a helmet left at 5k..

Durability was my primary goal and ease of service was the next factor. The support here clinched it.

doug