• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

A bit of a nippy ride today

texas.devops

5364305D-9E3D-4A4A-93CC-52A61916AC86.jpegWas a bit of a nippy ride today. Started out in the mid-40's when I left the house around 7:30am and didn't climb when the sun came out like we expected it to. We ended up having to cut the ride short because the other guys didn't have winter weather gloves. Numb hands are risky.

View attachment 31007Was a bit of a nippy ride today. Started out in the mid-40's when I left the house around 7:30am and didn't climb when the sun came out like we expected it to. We ended up having to cut the ride short because the other guys didn't have winter weather gloves. Numb hands are risky.
At least you guys got out - shortened or not - always smarter to turn back while one still can.
Sometimes feel silly but we carry a sprawling array of clothing even if chances of needing are very remote. Most soft gear takes up only a small spot when rolled / packed in restricting containers - even cheap freezer baggies..

When my hands are cold the pain prompts me to action long before they get numb.
I wear year round a dual chamber Held All-Season glove, other than a minor cuff repair last year they’ve ‘held’ up for more than 3 seasons.

To your point @mattmagee3096 - act quicker, in an instant change of gloves by simply slipping out of one chamber and into the other.

‘Summer/Dry’ chamber breathable perforated K-leather. ‘Winter/Wet’ chamber is insulated and has a waterproof Gore-Tex membrane.

Gloves have solid protection with ceramic palm slides, functioning breathable knuckle protection and dual detainment straps.

I’ll be looking for a new pair likely after next season, gauntlet is getting bit mashed up - Gore-Tex still flawless. Wash with NikWax twice a year, get 3 or 4 trouble free years and don’t have to carry multiple pairs of gloves 👍.

Been out last three days here in the south Puget Sound.
Temp about the same mid 40's. Got some riding in before the rain Wed and Thurs. On the HD VRSCR one day and the Suz SV1000 next, nothing like a cold ride on naked bikes in those temps, then add rain.
Yesterday, Fri, took the 14 Triumph Trophy out for a hunert mile loop south. A little mist and then dry. The full fairing and windshield was appreciated.
Gerbing heated insoles, gloves and jacket made me into a 11 month rider. Before that used 'sportsmans' (battery D cell) gloves and socks which worked good for up to 2 hrs.

HA

Rode to work all week. Only one day above freezing. Fortuanately, no wet stuff on the road but my Warm N Safe gear is working well. Got a feeling this is about the end of it as Snow on the horizon.