• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

A Harley I might actually want

It looks as much of an adventure bike as a Goldwing. It is really ugly and I'm guessing weighs close to 600 lbs.

I've saying for a year since the concept pics have come out that I like it, many here don't, as for weight, yeah, a bit heavy, not sure what the BMW GS goes at but not sure many who might buy this will be taking off road, I bet it's gonna sound good. ;D They are thinking outside the bun, all makers have to these days. Good for them. 

when the first "talking" began about this spectre of an idea bike came out, it was just anther Harley Pipe Dream.

I'll wait, and see, if in late 2020, it does actually be built and sold... I kinda think it won't.

They are famous for "posing" advertising, which in turn brings people "into the store"... then, holding the Proverbial "carrot" in front of the Donkey, who is drooling..... they end up with selling a customer another version of the same old "thang".

The customer ends up with a "Radish" instead of a carrot.. and, ends up selling it off...

Marketing is dangerous, and H.D> should take note, don't cry wolf too many times...
case in point the intro of the C14... amazing marketing ploy on Kaw's part, announce it, say when it will be available, and release it a year after it's "released" info, doing away with the current production it was intended to replace didn't hurt sales either... forced change, but followed up well, and with great care and truth.

The Pan American is just one of three bikes on this new Harley platform,  there's also the Streetfighter and the 1250 Custom. 

MOB got any specific examples of Harly Davidson models that made it through prototyping and fell short of production??? I don't recall this ever happening...

Interesting look and I admire the effort.

Not sure about the specs, but the wheels look a little small for an engine that big. Might not be wildly more capable than the groomed dirt trails shown in the photos. I don't see it handling much more than my old Sportster did, but we'll see.

I'd put this one in my stable.

https://advrider.com/harley-davidson-rolls-out-bronx-streetfighter-eicma-2019/

Where was I reading recently about a guy or guys who modified a Sportster for ADV dirt riding and rode it in the BAJA race?

I dont know but I read it too! Cycle World?

Strawboss said:
Where was I reading recently about a guy or guys who modified a Sportster for ADV dirt riding and rode it in the BAJA race?

It has one large radiator low behind the front tire. How long do you think it will take for a rock to take it out? That should give you an idea of how good it will be off-road. It is probably made for the Starbuck riders.

Diss the Sportster all you want, but it was (is) a well balanced bike with a very low center of gravity, and decent and well controlled torque that is available right off idle. Not sure it was an ideal Baja runner, but you could certainly find worse.

Dan.... did you intend on leaving us a link???  :great:  :-[