• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

A little late, but here’s my story......

doch22003

Big Wheel
Just discovered this section of the forum recently, and I realized that I too am eligible for the prized CDA number (that no one is giving out any more).

I am the (very) happy owner of a brand new blue 2017 C14, bought last year in May. I had a wonderful season getting to know the bike, and late in the season - I believe it was October 20th - a friend called up and offered me a free vintage film camera. Well, there was no way I could resist that and as he had bought a new Yamaha FZ-07 I took the Connie to go visit. After the visit I decided to go for a quick spin up the road, intending to turn around in a side road that has a little extra room next to the intersection.
It’s a dirt road.
I was tired from working the night before.
C14’s are top heavy.
While carefully puttering in a half circle with flawless technique I forgot to feather the clutch.
Cough, splat!
Terrible feeling really, knowing you are not hurt but afraid to look at what happened to the new bike.........
I did manage to pick it up using the time honoured butt-on-seat-lift-with-legs technique. Didn’t know I had it in me!
The damage is only a couple of minor scrapes to the left saddlebag and the left side of the fairing. Nothing cracked or broken that I have found so far, thanks to folding mirrors and foot pegs. The scrapes are barely visible to the un-informed, but I know they are there, and there they will stay as a reminder of what happens to tired people who are over-confident with heavy motorcycles.

Can I assign myself CDA#626 now please?

Andrew H.