• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

A sad day

OMoaC

It is with heavy heart and tears in my eye's to announce that we lost Mike Burkey today. He was out riding but other than that I have no more details. Many in the SW area have met him. He was a plank owner in the resurrection of SWCOG as the AAD for Utah. An instrumental member for the planning of UT events including the 1st Red Rock and Rally where he coined the term Burkeying a tire, many day rides and Concours in the Corners National rally. He was a trusted friend and confidant that I would ride with any day of the week. He is survived by a loving wife, son and daughter. I will miss him. I will post appropriate details as they become available. God Speed Mike. Scope me some roads up there.

Many a ride with him from 3-4 SW COG Rallies to the burr trail and the Cortez Nat. The one that stands out was a 5 canyon 3 mountain pass with 3 different snow storms in May ride. Only in Utah.
You are missed my friend.

I did not know Mike very well but I sure wish I did.. The time I did spend with him he was very nice and helpful in every way. He will be missed. Prayers to his family and friends that loved him.

Big time bummer - sad to hear this news.

OMoaC and Gumby - please give our condolences to the family. Keep your head on the road - ride safe.

To all - always kiss your loved ones before riding, even to the best of the best riders anything can happen.

I rec'd a suggestion from a good friend. Let's gather Friday in Cedar City UT. The site of the 1st Red Rock n rally that Mike had so much involvement in. After a night of tall stories and reminisces we can then proceed to services in West Jordan UT. Thoughts?

So
I rec'd a suggestion from a good friend. Let's gather Friday in Cedar City UT. The site of the 1st Red Rock n rally that Mike had so much involvement in. After a night of tall stories and reminisces we can then proceed to services in West Jordan UT. Thoughts?
Sounds like a wonderful idea to me!

Truly sad news. Mike was awesome. My thoughts are with his family and many friends. Those riding in to say goodbye, thanks for showing how much he meant to you, and representing all his widespread COG buddies.