• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

A Story Worth Living - MOTO ADV MOVIE

Wow, thanks for the heads up! This movie looks spectacular and exciting. Love the adventure type movies, sort of like the Warren Miller films! I might have to see if I can get to Federal Way location, but it's also playing in other areas like Auburn, SouthCenter, etc. From the site, it's also a one-time date, May 19.

* Thanks Dan! Guess I'll be doing the FW location too, bought a ticket. I pinged a few buddies to see if they're interested.

Yes thanks for the heads up  :great:
Got my tickets for the Medford, Oregon showing :beerchug:

From the trailer looks like could be the COBDR route which I did in 2014 with a group from WA. Awesome!!!  :)

Today is the day for this exciting movie! I almost forgot but luckily had it written on the calendar. Hopefully the rest of you can make it out to the locations near you. Just not sure about the afternoon/evening weather as I want to ride to this.

Yes, will also be at the Federal Way location
Maybe get together prior or after the show for a snack? I am not familiar with what's  available.
As mentioned did this COBDR north to south in 2013 so will be great to see the panoramic views on screen.

Got my ticket and leaving for the before-movie-pizza-gathering (Northern Colorado Adventure Riders) in 1:20.  Woot!

danodemotoman said:
Yes, will also be at the Federal Way location
Maybe get together prior or after the show for a snack? I am not familiar with what's  available.
As mentioned did this COBDR north to south in 2013 so will be great to see the panoramic views on screen.

Sure before or after will work. Looks like radar is lit up in FW area so will be driving. I know there's a few sport-type bars around, the Ram right off I-5 before the theaters, or Buffalo Wings right across the mall/theater. There's a few other restaurants nearby so open to where ever, maybe around 6ish?

I enjoyed it. The deluxe seating was awesome, comfy, roomy recliners!
More philosophical than expected. Blah blah blah.  Should have had more footage of riding than the blah.
I was impressed with 5 of 6 riders with limited off pavement experience.
Great video and photography! Brought back great memories.
Glad I went.

My bad about not meeting up.
Left early and drove to do some shopping before the movie.

robertv said:
Sure before or after will work. Looks like radar is lit up in FW area so will be driving. I know there's a few sport-type bars around, the Ram right off I-5 before the theaters, or Buffalo Wings right across the mall/theater. There's a few other restaurants nearby so open to where ever, maybe around 6ish?

ron203 said:
So, how was it?

Not what I expected but not bad. Footage of riding was fantastic, just wasn't enough of it. They are supposed to have unseen footage and more of the adventure released once / week at astoryfilm.com.

Movie was good- scenery and shots were beautiful. Even one of the riders mentioned he would take beauty over pain. I agree it felt philosophical and timewise short, which they intend to release short stories on a weekly basis. All the riders' background was explored bringing out all the emotions of an adventure movie from pain, joy, drama, humor, and relief.  For a documentary movie, weird approach but overall good.

Felt like I paid $15 to have a Sunday sermon forced upon me.
Wasn't interested - at all - in their philosophical perspectives, I wanted to see back-country Colorado riding.
In all the groups and FaceBook pages I frequent - the movie is getting trashed.
It was advertised as being about six riders, with minimal skills, tackling the toughest off-road that Colorado has to offer.
What I sat through last night was anything but.

Bill Hawley (V65bill) and I drove down to Medford to see it, Theater was packed. Don't know about the other attendees, but Bill and I thought more riding, and less talking would have been preferable. The riding part was great, and the drone footage was awesome!
I wouldn't ask for my $11.50 (Senior) back, but they really should edit the film to have more riding, and less philosophy/ religion in it.