• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

About Shoodaben Engineering and my services

Steve in sunny Fla

Iron Butt
Industry Vendor
  Many of you already know who I am, but I thought I'd make a more formal introduction for those new to their Concours or my services.

My name is Steve Sefsick, and I became a member of the Concours Owners Group in 2005. At that time I was a professional engine builder / tuner, primarily doing hot rod and performance auto and truck engines, and had 30 years experience in automotive mechanics. I had also built several motorcycles for myself throughout all the 80's and earlier 90's, mostly big bore Kawasaki's and Suzuki's.  Marriage and kids put an end to my motorcycling for a while, but after raising most of my kids, I came back to motorcycling.  I first bought a Vmax that I rebuilt, then I bought my first Concours, a 2004, in 2005. I was hooked by sport-touring. I immediately began researching maintenance tips and tricks for my new Concours. I very quickly found the Concours Owners Group, and like many of you I just thought it was a forum only group. After a couple months of reading and learning all the vast information that was compiled by the Concours Owners Group, I decided to join to "pay back" for all the group has shared with me. It wasn't until that point that I learned that COG is much more than an online group, it's a great group of folks who get together for rides, rallies, and motorcycling fellowship. I'm proud to say that many of my most trusted friends I met through the Concours Owners Group, and as of this writing, I have been a COG member continually for 12 years, with friendships that span back from those early days to now.

As time went on with owning my first Concours, the 2004, I began to do modifications that culminated in a complete big bore engine build, with a ported head, cams custom ground to my specs, extensive carburetor work, exhaust work and of course the "7th gear" unit. This bike was built with constant input and sharing with the COG forum members, and the bike came to be known as "Shoodaben" because it was the way I (and a lot of fellow members)  felt a Concours "should have been".  Now you know where the name "Shoodaben Engineering" came from!

Some time around 2006 I was in a focus group wherein Kawasaki was asking "if we could upgrade, what features would we want?" A couple I wanted were a single sided exhaust (weight and power) and of course, cruise control. OK, I went 50% on those  ::) . Of course, this was pre-release of the c-14, but was targeted to the 1352CC supersport tourer Kawasaki was soon to be releasing.

Also some things began to change... folks had seen what I had done with Shoodaben, and started asking me to consider doing work for the Concours community. I started off by building 7th gear units, but the need for reliable carburetor work was a constant request, so I started doing Concours carb rebuilds and upgrades, which included adding overflow protection , and a unique Jet kit called the 2 Minute mod Jet Kit. i also added custom torque cams and a retimed exhaust sprocket.

I became so busy working with Concours that I ceased all automotive work, and to this writing servicing the Concours community is my full time profession. I have a number of Concours service video's on you tube, and have always offered technical support online and as a Tech Editor on the forums and continue to do so.

In 2013, after exhausting all the work I had in mind for the earlier model (1986-2006) Concours, I bought my first c-14, an 09 model. I took it apart to learn the bike, built an exhaust header from head to tail for it, experimented with cam timing, and worked with fuel tuning via a power Commander. I then sold that bike and bought a '12 model, and in 2015, after months of work and using my decades of engine tuning, I built and released my first ECU flash. I have continually provided ECU flashes since 2015, and have developed and released a total of 5 different and distinct flashes for the c-14 targeted for how YOU ride. My most recent flash, the Mountain Runner Flash, was built using COG beta testers from around the country giving feedback to help me fine tune the Mountain Runner Flash into the ideal mix of smoothness, power, ridability,  throttle modulation and economy. The Mountain Runner Flash truly is "State of the Art" for Concours ECU tuning, and I could not have done it without other COG members who are also dedicated to the evolution of the Concours 14. Thanks Guys!  :great:

I think you can see that i'm dedicated to the Concours and COG community and have been so for years. Hundred and hundreds of c-10's and c-14's are running my upgrades. Don't pay attention to what I say about my products... pay attention to what your fellow COG members and Concours owners are saying . I will let my body of work with the Concours, over the last 12+ years. speak for me.

If you would like to speak with me about any of my products or have any tech questions I can help with, you can PM me here, or reach out to me though my site, Shoodaben Engineering.

Thanks for your time., and welcome to my Shoodaben Engineering Industry Member forum.

Steve

https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/concours1400

https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/intake-and-exhaust

https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/replacement-torque-cams

Nice one Steve!

I just realized you were a Vmax guy; so was I! Had a 2004 and a 2006 (oh those flames on the tank).
Loved that bike to pieces, it's a tank, endless miles of trouble free riding, wish I hadn't had to sell the last one!

Truly happy to have you on our (Concours) team! As soon as my Russell is paid off, an MR flash will be due for me!

thanks again for all the knowledge you brought to the forum over the years!

Jeremy

Jerdurr said:
Nice one Steve!

I just realized you were a Vmax guy; so was I! Had a 2004 and a 2006 (oh those flames on the tank).
Loved that bike to pieces, it's a tank, endless miles of trouble free riding, wish I hadn't had to sell the last one!

Truly happy to have you on our (Concours) team! As soon as my Russell is paid off, an MR flash will be due for me!

thanks again for all the knowledge you brought to the forum over the years!

Jeremy

+1 Steve. Nicely done.