• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Adjustable Kick Stand

sparky

I lowered my new to me C14 an inch and wanted to know if anyone has tried some of the adjustable kick stands out there? I know about Soupy's and some of the more expensive ones but I was curious of some of those off ebay.

I know they are cheap and you get what you pay for... just wondering if anyone has tried one and what their experience was. Something like this one

Seems like they would hold the weight, not sure with the kickstand switch if everything would align correctly.

Thanks!

Looks interesting. It looks like the foot angle can be adjusted. That's important as when I got one I had to take it to my buddy at a machine shop to cut a different angle.

Just a tip for you regarding your lowered bike. Save yourself the trouble of modifying the "centerstand" and carry a wedge block made out of a 12-14" piece of 2x4. Back the rear tire up onto the 1 1/2" thick end of the wedge and then use the centerstand like normal without any mod's. Works for me.

I lowered my new to me C14 an inch and wanted to know if anyone has tried some of the adjustable kick stands out there? I know about Soupy's and some of the more expensive ones but I was curious of some of those off ebay.

I know they are cheap and you get what you pay for... just wondering if anyone has tried one and what their experience was. Something like this one

Seems like they would hold the weight, not sure with the kickstand switch if everything would align correctly.

Thanks!
Jeff on C14 classified here on the forum has a used shorter kickstand for sale. I ride with him all the time and it is in good shape.

Just a tip for you regarding your lowered bike. Save yourself the trouble of modifying the "centerstand" and carry a wedge block made out of a 12-14" piece of 2x4. Back the rear tire up onto the 1 1/2" thick end of the wedge and then use the centerstand like normal without any mod's. Works for me.
I did that with my C10 all the time! Works great!

Thanks!
I bought the kickstand you posted a link for. I bought it for my 1984 Honda V65 Magna to actually be a little longer than stock so the bike does not lean over so far. It worked good with just the bikes weight on it but I stand on the left peg with my left leg & swing my right leg over the bike. 1st time I did it I felt the bike start to slowely lean more. The kickstand was bending & this was the second aftermarket chinese ebay stand to do that. I'm going to lengthen the stock one. I mount Every bike I've ever owned this way & have never had a stock kickstand bend.

I bought the kickstand you posted a link for. I bought it for my 1984 Honda V65 Magna to actually be a little longer than stock so the bike does not lean over so far. It worked good with just the bikes weight on it but I stand on the left peg with my left leg & swing my right leg over the bike. 1st time I did it I felt the bike start to slowely lean more. The kickstand was bending & this was the second aftermarket chinese ebay stand to do that. I'm going to lengthen the stock one. I mount Every bike I've ever owned this way & have never had a stock kickstand bend.
Thanks for the info!

Remember your bike is 700lbs, just have a welding shop cut and weld it.

Buy a used stock one if you want to keep the OEM

Heat and bend the side stand outwards slightly. (below the spring perch)
Works perfectly. Costs nothing.

Ride safe, Ted