• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Advanced sport touring setback plates

Bud

Can be used with risers. Brings the handlebars back towards you. What you see is what you get. $40 shipped.IMG_20230410_124223_858.jpg

Questions:
1. Are these setback plates the same as wedges? I have what I think are wedges I installed on top of my 2” risers. The thickest part of the wedges I have is 1/4”. The purpose is to bring the handles closer to the rider and perhaps to raise them some. I suspect a. Unwanted byproduct is they will also the handles slightly closer together? The one set is not quite enough for me. Since I seem to be close to perfect I don’t want to buy new bars. Maybe I should have in the beginning but now? I dunno.

2. I have the opportunity to buy another set of “wedges” same dimensions as the installed ones - so thickest part of both combined at 1/2 inch.
Can I stack one set on top of another?
Any safety issues in doing so?
Other issues?
Suspect I will need longer bolts, Didn’t for the first set.
Probably won’t have to rewire.

Thoughts?

The set back plates relocate the risers back approximately an inch. As murph said, no yhey are not the same as the wedges. The wedges should have come with special beveled washers to use with the bolts, so that the tightening load is properly transfered to the riser. The wedges simply changed the angle of the grips, and some, myself included found this to being as close to ideal as could be, without going to Helibars. I eventually went that route.

Thank you. This and the video enlightened me to what I hope I need. I appreciate it. I always appreciate the help I have always received from this forum. 🙂