• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

ADVMonster 20 direct replacement for Mondo Moto MM10's

ghostrider990

For those of us who purchased Mondo Moto MM10's a few years back, you've all noticed that they went out of business.
I recently rode through a Frog-Strangler of a Rainy Day, and subsequently one of my 3 year old MM10's got water inside the housing.
Make no mistake, these things were NEVER waterproof from the factory - but they did resist water incursion for a while.
I have since, sealed both the housings with Silicone Sealant, both old and NEW.

I shopped a bit online, and considered buying a cheap set of AMAZON lights to replace the MM10's (my low mount conspicuity LED's) but just couldn't resolve myself on that course of action.
I've known about ADVMonster for sometime, but have been reluctant to purchase from that store given numerous online complaints about quality and customer service, particularly -warranty issues.
I know Daboo is a big fan of their products, but with so many other options out there - it was tempting to choose a low-low cost alternative.

Needless to say, after looking at the ADVmonster model 20, I realized that for $60 (shipping included), I could have a DIRECT replacement for my MM10.  And when i say DIRECT, I mean virutally IDENTICAL!
The only difference I can see between the old MM10 and the ADv20, is the LED temp is just SLightly different.
All of the housing and working parts, bezel, and lens, are identical!!
And the best part: the HARNESS is a PERFECT match.  It was literally plug-and play, including the hardware and mounting points. 

So for $50, I had an indentical drop-in replacement for my non-replaceable MM10.

Just wanted to let you guys all know that you don't have to dump the pair of MM10's if one burns out.  :)

Attachments

• IMG_6236.JPG
    IMG_6236.JPG
    196.8 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_6238.JPG
    IMG_6238.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 121
I have a working set of the MM10's on my 2012 but am looking for a bit of an upgrade with out spending a ton, anyone using something that is less than Clearwater or Denali grade lights ? Mounted under the mirrors on a Skene 170 controller.

Thanks for the link. I have been wondering what to do when one or both of the MM10 mount to the crash bars of my C14 go bad. Now I know where to order a replacement.