• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Aerostich Roadcrafter Info Request

Bud

Thinking of getting a used Roadcrafter one piece suit.  According to the size chart, it looks like I need a 46R.  Would like to hear from those that have a 46R Roadcrafter one piece suit and what their height and weight is.  How is the fit?  Are you happy with the 46R?  I also have Sidici heated jacket and pants liners.  Wondering how I'm going to get to the controller that will be inside the Roadcrafter.  Any other comments pertaining to the Roadcrafter one piece welcome.  Thanks in advance! :great:

One thing to remember is that a Roadcrafter can be customized to the original buyer.  So a roadcrafter may start out as 46r, but can be could be  lengthened, shortened, made wider etc... and still have a tag stating it is a 46r.  As I recall mine is a 50r but my legs have been shortened.

Can you try it on before buying?  If not,  ask if it is an off the rack 46r or has it been customized and what were the customization.

Regarding the controller, my Roadcrafter has an access hole in one of the left side pockets to pass the controller wire  through. I believe this is a standard feature of the roadcrafter.

If it's been altered I'm pretty sure they note it somewhere. If I'm not mistaken it's done on the build date tag.

Im 5'9" 210 and use a 46S  32"inseam for me.      fine in the summer but not room for winter layering  so i had the 3"back gussets added  to make a bit of extra room.  my shoulders are overwide from years of swimming and lifting, 48+ shoulders on a 46 frame. 

The suit I'm considering is a 46R off the rack suit.  I'm pretty average....including my beer gut!:-\  Oversized anything (except that beer gut) is not a problem for me.

Well, the auction on ebay ended today.  I ended up getting the suit for $425 + $25 shipping.  I would have paid more if it came down to it, but bidding in the last 40 seconds helps a bunch!  I'm a happy camper!  Hopefully I'll feel the same way after a test ride.

Roadcrafter

Attachments

• My Roadcrafter 1.jpg
    My Roadcrafter 1.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 143
  • My Roadcrafter 2.jpg
    My Roadcrafter 2.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 124
  • My Roadcrafter 3.jpg
    My Roadcrafter 3.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 135
  • My_Roadcrafter_4_50.jpg
    My_Roadcrafter_4_50.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 132
I keep almost getting one at a decent price then at the last minite the bids come in and price soars 😢

cra-z1000 said:
I keep almost getting one at a decent price then at the last minite the bids come in and price soars 😢
My experience with auctions on ebay is that an early bid is a waste of time. That generally works on an item that there is little demand for.  If you really want something, bid in the last 30 seconds or less.  Make your bid the absolute most you'll pay and let it rip!  Obviously, you still have to have the highest max bid among the bidders to win.  Because of ebay's popularity, it's difficult to get that hard to believe deal.  Ebay really is good at determining the true market value of an item......at that moment.  If you can get into a Roadcrafter suit for $500 or less, you should be in a pretty good position, should you decide to sell it.

just so you know, there is a fellow on another Concours site, that has sold almost 30 Aerostich combos of Jacket/pants/suits, etc., over the last couple years.. and I believe he is simply buying these up, and flipping them.. ::)
fair warning....
:mad: