• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Aerostich Tank Panniers

John_Atkinson

Anyone ever had these on a Connie?

I've heard of some long-distance riders who use them across the pillion seat to hold water jugs, etc.

I wouldn't think I'd want any more weight up top on the gas tank....the Connie is top-heavy enough as is.....

Any thoughts/feedback would be welcome.

TIA,
John

I don't have them, I've never seen them on a Concours, I'd really think twice about putting tank panniers on a Concours for the reasons you state. BUT, I have a bag that sits over the pillion with depressions that sit over the factory saddle bags, looks kinda like a big "U" shaped bag. Not sure of the maker, it was designed with adventure bikes in mind but worked great on my Concours. I'm at work today but I can get you some more info on Wednesday.

Strawboss said:
I don't have them, I've never seen them on a Concours, I'd really think twice about putting tank panniers on a Concours for the reasons you state. BUT, I have a bag that sits over the pillion with depressions that sit over the factory saddle bags, looks kinda like a big "U" shaped bag. Not sure of the maker, it was designed with adventure bikes in mind but worked great on my Concours. I'm at work today but I can get you some more info on Wednesday.
thanks Strawboss -- I'd be interested in any information you can come up with

JA

John_Atkinson said:
Anyone ever had these on a Connie?

I've heard of some long-distance riders who use them across the pillion seat to hold water jugs, etc.

I wouldn't think I'd want any more weight up top on the gas tank....the Connie is top-heavy enough as is.....

Any thoughts/feedback would be welcome.

TIA,
John

I've seen some riders use ATV versions of these but I settle for my huge tank bag on trips .

sorry it took so long, the bag is from a company called "Bagman Gear Bags", I searched, look s like it does not exist anymore.

Strawboss said:
sorry it took so long, the bag is from a company called "Bagman Gear Bags", I searched, look s like it does not exist anymore.

if it's the same company I'm thinking of, way back in time I sent the guy a really nice drawing for a "custom" made bag I wanted...(all of the stuff they made was custom at that time), I suppose because he wanted to charge me like $400 for the kit, and I said no way, he went ahead and made them and sold them.. it was based on a big "U" shaped, deep sided system, that would fit on my C10, (and also fit the C14 easily). I saw some of his work, and it was reall good quality, urethane coated balistic nylon, strong straps and clips, waterproofed zips with cover flaps, velcro patches all over, to attach smaller bags and gear, real nice stuff.. just the price was to high for me, when I could procure the materials online for about $95.. then I found out my wife's mega Singer sewing machine would not sow the thickness' I wanted to sew.. ditched the project.

MAN OF BLUES said:
Strawboss said:

if it's the same company I'm thinking of, way back in time I sent the guy a really nice drawing for a "custom" made bag I wanted...

Do I remember Mark Haas had that setup on his C10? I rode with him a couple times, RWTW weekends. That setup was cavernous!  ;D

Sorry again, I didn't have my notes with me and posted the wrong company, it was "MAGS-BAGS" Gear bags, I found some info and looks like they stopped production after a crash in 2009. But, my research found many bags that were very similar like what MOB said, they are out there, and with ADV type riding exploding I'm confident you will find something you like. Good luck.

http://magsbags.com/