• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Aftermarket Radiator?

danmcdermott

My radiator is encrusted with road gunk that cannot be removed (trust me I have tried and also taken it to a radiator shop). Kawasaki wants a bit north of $1,000 for a new OEM radiator. I am seeing on ebay aluminum radiators from China for $100 - $150. I am also finding aftermarket radiators (Not OEM) in that same ball park. Has anyone tried on of these other radiators with success?

I am having a difficult time understanding the magnificent price difference unless it is related to quality.

Well I tried a different approach. My local shop sends radiators to a place in UT that apparently works miracles. More to follow.

So what's on the radiator? Are you having cooling problems?

Living in south Florida, I've never had a problem, are your fans working?

Fans work great. Last fall I rode through a road in Idaho that had what looked like chipseal. This substance caked sand in every nook and cranny and solidified it into a rock hard substance. I posted about it in a different thread. Short story, as I am diving into my valve inspection I am finding alot of things I need to repair or replace due to that substance. That substance coated the inside of all the fins on the lower half of the radiator limiting airflow by about 30%. If it can't be removed it's a replacement.

Mylers Aluminun Radiator repair, family business in UT, have done fantastic work for me on about a dozen rads. Not expensive and quick turnaround.

I have one for sale, in case yours cannot be repaired. Came off my 09 with blown exhaust valves at about 55,000.

Looks like there are new ones on Ebay now for $90. First I've seen of it. . . . Sorry didn't notice OP already found them. Be interesting to find out how good they are.

I was looking for one for an old camaro, 84 and found nice aluminum radiators for it for a little over $200 with good reviews on Summit. Was thinking I'd have to pay $400-500. So some company out there must have stepped up to start making reproduction radiators. I guess quality is the question.

Last edited: