• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

airhawk knock off update

smooth_operator

I posted a while back about an air hawk knock off I bought for less than $40. On a ride last week a noticed one of the back straped  had frayed to nothing. I suppose I can sew it back on but still kind of a pain. I guess sometimes you get what you pay for. Lesson learned. Maybe we can start buying knock offs made in These United States soon! ;D

I've been using my Airhawk for a lot of miles.  It finally got a pinhole leak in the rubber bladder.  A simple repair with a bicycle tire patch kit put it back in business.  The cover in the two front corners was getting a little thin.  I used some iron on patches for jeans to fix that. 

Mine has seen a number of years and lots of miles, so I'm not surprised at the wear it has.

Chris

I bought one a couple of months ago as well.  However, I got it use in the office, the car, air travel etc...vice using my AirHawk.  It's held up, so far...given the lite use it's seen.