• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

AirHawk R Seat Cushion (SOLD)

Sparkie

This is an Airhawk R seat cushion  Cruiser R in small size.  I only used this for a short period, basically 1 trip on it. Its in like new condition. I used it on a 2006 C-10 and it fit that seat well. $60. plus shipping. Its very lightweight so should be able to keep charges down. Especially if you don't want the original box it came in.  Thanks, Mark

So you bought it new,used one trip,now its for sale. Care to give us a product review so we know what users think of it's usefulness.After you sell it of course.

I am keeping mine so I can reply! I like it. Stays on the bike all the time. I use it over a ZX14 Corbin I have mounted on my Connie 14. Key is getting air just right. You dont need much. I am 64 and 500-600 mile days are doable for me with it.
Wayne

bajasam said:
So you bought it new,used one trip,now its for sale. Care to give us a product review so we know what users think of it's usefulness.After you sell it of course.

I have a corbin 2 piece saddle on my 2010, which works pretty well (although after 2+ years it's still firm) for short rides of 100 miles. But when I'm planning on going multiple days of 500 miles plus, my air hawk is the first bit of kit I pull out for the trip.....  yes it's that good.  The secret is not to over Inflate it, just a little puff of air is all that's required to keep the bum from feeling the burn...

I bought a cheap knockoff for $30 off ebay, so when Sparkie sends me the air hawk I'll do a comparison of the two. :beerchug:

bajasam said:
  I tried the Airhawk cushion on my C-10 seat as it was getting uncomfortable for longer rides. The foam must have been breaking down, felt too soft for my tastes. The air cushion did help with my comfort level and increased the time between rest stops. It wasn't long after I ended up getting a newer Yamaha FJR which also seems to have an uncomfortable stock seat. I changed that out with a Sargent seat which seems to work for me. It is very firm, but it sits level and I can ride it all day. So I never needed the Airhawk for my Yamaha and it was just sitting around.
  I admit I didn't like the idea of sitting on the air cushion, just as I've never liked the idea of beads on the saddle. But the cushion did help with the comfort level. Seat comfort is so different for everyone. Some people hate the Sargent seats for being too hard. I'm an old bicycle racer so have become accustomed to hard saddles. Just my personal take, Mark