• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

All hail our robotic overlords

Anything that helps an otherwise unmanned or understaffed car detect that I'm coming through -- I'm all for it.

I feel bad for a lot of car drivers having to check email, play face-birds-with-friends, fix their hair in the mirror,  and sip their Starbucks, all while driving down the highway. Having to watch for lane splitters too is just too much!  :motonoises:

I use to lane split all the time in Ca. Now when I see it I say to myself , how can anybody trust these inattentive drivers so much , crazy ! We had no cell phones back when I did it .

I lane split every day, both on 2-lane Hwy 17 through the Santa Cruz mountains and on Hwy 85 through Silicon Valley -- sometimes miles at a time. It freaks me out a little in the winter as it's dark on my ride home, but otherwise, less sporty than the rear-ending fest I've seen on the Hwy 17 curves.

As far as trusting drivers -- I trust they either won't see me or don't care, so I expect to have to compensate. Maybe the robots will help?!?!?