• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

All I want for Christmas is .......

L

locksmith

That time of year is rapidly upon us.  I realize some of us have been naughty (nasty kipass threads etc. [just kidding Bob]).

So, what would you like the Jolly Fat Man to put under your tree?

I'm leaning towards a new HD video camera.  I bought a GoPro Hero Motorsport about 2 weeks ago and the video is awesome.  Now I need a regular HD camera for the static and buddy buddy shots.  Here's a link to my debut video I shot last weekend.  Runs 9:24 minutes and it mists up the lens a bit.  What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfPz4dFmu7Q

2011_Concours_14.jpg

Gee Steve, I thought you'd at least want a black one.  After all, they are the fastest colour.

Nice vid.  What program did you use to edit?
Here is one I did with the GoPro mouted on my helmet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2FobAUVEy4
and one mounted on the left side of the fairing like yours.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVg8I_eHiyI

A Roadcrafter!  But I would have to slim down to where I want to be, so that I could wear it!!!!!!  :D

BBAR said:
A Roadcrafter!  But I would have to slim down to where I want to be, so that I could wear it!!!!!!  :D

There's not a Roadcrafter zipper that can hold me in.

Wait, that isn't very complimentary.

sawfiler said:
Nice vid.  What program did you use to edit?
Here is one I did with the GoPro mouted on my helmet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2FobAUVEy4
and one mounted on the left side of the fairing like yours.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVg8I_eHiyI

I used Microsoft Live Movie Maker.  Its free!  How come you shot it at 4:3?

Right now I want the jolly fat man with the red coat to fix the plumbing problem I have here in Mexico!  :mad:

When they built our place here, they filled one of our drain pipes with small stones. Its blocked 3meters (10 feet) from the drain and you can't snake stones out. So I'm having to use compressed air (from diving tanks) to blast the stones out as I don't have a shop vac.

Until the drain is fully unblocked the kitchen here will keep flooding Grrrr!

Oh I guess C14 would be nice too. LoL

Off to watch the parade in the town center then hire another tank of air.

Adios

C

Well if were just dreaming a 2010 Yellow Honda Goldwing with all the trimmings ( no airbag ) , then add a full boat Champion Trike kit with all the trimmings painted, to match, and a nice cargo trailer painted to match.  -- And a garage I can park it in. Must fit wifes car, Goldwing, Concours, Ninja 250 and a ton of crap.

I'll keep the Connie for daily commute and ride the GL1800 for 2 up touring all over the country.

I have a new grandaughter on the way... I want to see her and her parents.  I'd like to know something about my son's health, happiness, and whereabouts.  I'd like to take a good long ride.

Nice list Rev!

Now that I fixed the blocked drain, I'll take health and happiness for 2011
Oh and some renters for our Mexican Hacienda next year LoL  8)

I am a simple man with simple needs.

Dear Santa,

This year for Christmas I would like
1. World Peace.
2. Cognizant cagers on the highways I traverse
3. A Sena SMH-10 Bluetooth headset
4. Radial Tires for a 16 inch rear rim that are both sticky and average 10,000 miles before it wears out.
5. That all my fellow COGers have their Christmas wishes fulfilled as long as their new farkles don't make my bike look like a POS in comparison.

Slybones said:
How much for a week?

I'm thinking $500 per week to anyone who knows me, that we can trust not to wreck it.  :D
We finished building it last year, and now have it fitted out with all mod cons and furniture etc.
It even has WIFI, I guess that's no surprise right.

A regular job.

And a New AD to step up and fill in. Give back man, give back!

Well actually I already got my Christmas present. Mrs. Claus doesn't know it yet, but she got me a new Shoei X-11 helmet

2746774630052071584S600x600Q85.jpg

Lesseehere....
Millerized Christmas wish for Satan Claus to make come true.....

1: The current missus out of the house completely...looks like that one is a maybe as she closes on her new place on the 10th. Lets hope U-Haul and Ryder do their parts.  :mad:

2: The hopefully future girlfriend (and a whole lot of things have to happen to make that one pan out) under my tree (or the request that I be under hers) come Christmas morning.  I'd be like a kid with a new toy, and probably have it broken by at least noon, if not sooner. But, if I do break it, I'll promise to work on it for a long time. >:D

But, I know what that fat f&*%^ will put under my tree....a big steaming pile of cat crap or puddle of pee... cause being nice matters not in this society.  Treat people like crap, the world revolves around you.  Do your best for your fellow man (and woman)...and you get coal...which in today's commodity markets....might not be all that bad. :))

The Dude said:
I am a simple man with simple needs.

Dear Santa,

This year for Christmas I would like
1. World Peace.
2. Cognizant cagers on the highways I traverse
3. A Sena SMH-10 Bluetooth headset
4. Radial Tires for a 16 inch rear rim that are both sticky and average 10,000 miles before it wears out.
5. That all my fellow COGers have their Christmas wishes fulfilled as long as their new farkles don't make my bike look like a POS in comparison.

+1 on all of the above, and...

6. RAM mount for Garmin GPS (replacing TomTom GPS)
7. GIVI top case with backrest for Ms. Pillion (replacing OEM backrest w/rusty nuts)
8. Another Sena CMH-10 for Ms. Pillion (I like the sound of her voice)
9. Four less weeks of 2011 Winter (which in Wisconsin lasts until May)
10. Less Ethanol in our gas

thanks St. Nick !