• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

AMA Article on the "Devil Stone Run" Sounds like a good time

ONOBob

I would love to attend this....
This is the one area of the USA I have not experienced... Sturgis is not my cup of tea..
I hoped to visit the area on the way to the National last year.

Anyway, the article is in the March 2021 edition of the AMA magazine, by John Muecke of Wisconsin.

The run is now in it's 5th year.
Organized by the founders of "Go Fast, Don't Die" ( I like the name, no idea what they make)
Its a 3 day event, Labor Day weekend. Starts at Devils Tower, thru Sheridan, over the Bighorns, past Cody and into Yellowstone.
From the article...
"this is not a high mileage endurance ride, nor is ti tightly organized. It's loose, entertaining, choose-your-own adventure in an incredibly
beautiful part of the country. Follow the route, or don't. Ride with the group, or go off on your own. Basic instructions and points are provided
but you aren't require to follow them. There are frequent stops, for lunch and fuel, Everyone collects in the evening for an organized street
party or at hosting bars patio or campground. It's a moving carnival"
That sounds like fun to me.

It sounds like the demographic is much younger than COG, but hey I got nothing against young people.
I may be 64, but I still feel like I'm 25. I often forget I'm one of the "old guys" I used to see at events.... hard to get used to that.

Anyone else interested in attending this??
Cheers
Bob

I would love to attend this....
This is the one area of the USA I have not experienced... Sturgis is not my cup of tea..
I hoped to visit the area on the way to the National last year.

Anyway, the article is in the March 2021 edition of the AMA magazine, by John Muecke of Wisconsin.

The run is now in it's 5th year.
Organized by the founders of "Go Fast, Don't Die" ( I like the name, no idea what they make)
Its a 3 day event, Labor Day weekend. Starts at Devils Tower, thru Sheridan, over the Bighorns, past Cody and into Yellowstone.
From the article...
"this is not a high mileage endurance ride, nor is ti tightly organized. It's loose, entertaining, choose-your-own adventure in an incredibly
beautiful part of the country. Follow the route, or don't. Ride with the group, or go off on your own. Basic instructions and points are provided
but you aren't require to follow them. There are frequent stops, for lunch and fuel, Everyone collects in the evening for an organized street
party or at hosting bars patio or campground. It's a moving carnival"
That sounds like fun to me.

It sounds like the demographic is much younger than COG, but hey I got nothing against young people.
I may be 64, but I still feel like I'm 25. I often forget I'm one of the "old guys" I used to see at events.... hard to get used to that.

Anyone else interested in attending this??
Cheers
Bob
Nice story, will be riding northern part of US in the fall next year. Hope I remember this then, lol, old people!!!