• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Annual COG Big W BBQ Ride, Sept 26

terrynyc

Yes folks even Covid can't stop COGgers from the annual pilgrimage for good BBQ! I'm planning to lead a ride from Dunkin Donuts at 755 N Broadway, White Plains, NY, 10603. We will depart about 9am and enjoy a nice spin through some backroads to Wingdale and Big W's BBQ. The ride is on the event calendar, so register if you'd like to join us and drop a line here. Please remember to be mindful of each other and respect protective measures. In case of a washout I'm thinking of Oct 10 as a backup date. See you there!šŸšŸ˜€

There is a 2nd ride to Big W BBQ departing from Waterbury CT at 10:30 AM.
View details and register using the event calendar.
If you plan to meet up with one of the rides, send an email to the ride leader.
If you would like to set up a ride from a start point near you, contact me.

Had no idea what the Big W Ride was, so had to 'cess it out.

Looks nice, and probably good eats. A little far for me to simply pop up there, but Lord knows I wanna.

We used to have a similar ride down this way on occasion to a Mr. B's BBQ in White Post, VA. That ride went away a number of years ago (???), and it appears that the place is now closed.

Virus crap - please be gone so I can get on with my life while I'm still somewhat mobile.

Ya''ll have fun, and be safe.

Just signed up, do not know if I'm 2up yet as there are competing interests. The new sign up is a bit easier and quicker. Steve- I 'll want to meet you somewhere on your travel west. I didn't see a route map, did I miss it?

Just signed up, do not know if I'm 2up yet as there are competing interests. The new sign up is a bit easier and quicker. Steve- I 'll want to meet you somewhere on your travel west. I didn't see a route map, did I miss it?

no pre-planned route - just winging it west from the Deli. We can chat on the phone a few days prior. Hoping the bike is ready in time for this ride, otherwise I will be in the cage. Bike is presently laid up waiting on wheel bearing seals and forks rebuild to be completed.

Hey there, first time posting.
Just RSVP'd to this, looking forward to some good eats. See ya at Dunkin.

For those planning to meet for the ride from Waterbury CT, here is the proposed ride info file. The ride will be approximately 1hr 20min to Big W on back roads. Please be fueled up and ready to go. We will be departing the parking lot promptly @ 10:30 AM.

Attachments

• Lenas to Big W BBQ 1h 20m.zip
    15.9 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Well if I had any computer skills I would attach a route also! LOL:LOL:
So far weather looks great. See you all on Saturday!šŸ

Didn't sign on to the new forum until today and saw this. I was out on a ride last Sunday and found myself at Biq W for a late lunch. Not too crowded and burnt ends were still tasty. But could definitely do it again Saturday. Haven't seen most of you in awhile. Dave, come on up if you can make it!

For those folks meeting in Waterbury for the ride to Big W BBQ... I was told the deli is closing permanently this Friday. Alternate plans will need to be made if you wanted to get something to eat or drink. There is a Dunkin and Starbucks a mile or so east, after making a left out of the deli. Contact me in advance and I can provide some direction.

The best laid plans...often go awry.

Not going to be able to make it. Life tends to get in the way on occasion.

:rolleyes: