• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Annual Ky Camp and Ride Sept 28 - Oct 1, 2017

Trucker

Got the ride posted on the calendar.  Sorry it has taken so long.  Hope to see you all soon.

trucker said:
Got the ride posted on the calendar.  Sorry it has taken so long.  Hope to see you all soon.

Link please. Calendar won't let us see any other region than our own. It used to work, but been that way for at least 6 months.

Never mind, can't make it work, too many thousands of miles to cover. If I didn't want to spend time with my Vietnam buddy in Monterey CA it would be fine, but I do. And be back for Run With the Wolf by the 7th of September.

Hopefully next year  :great:

Wish I could make it back up for this one but no way to make it happen so soon!  I hope you guys all have fun!

We stayed at this campground while on our Kentucky Ferry ride a few years back.  Great family run campground.  Clean showers and restrooms.  They told us there was firewood by the barn and to help ourselves, instead the husband brought out his tractor and delivered it to our site.  One of the bike batteries was dead and they brought us a charger and extension cord to use.

Dates of the camp and ride have changed to hopefully accommodate schedules and weather being cooler for good riding.

JR, I have the whole field for tent camping at 5 dollars a night.  You don't have to reserve a spot unless you want an rv spot with full hookups.  The field does have an electric post with water if that will help.

trucker said:
JR, I have the whole field for tent camping at 5 dollars a night.  You don't have to reserve a spot unless you want an rv spot with full hookups.  The field does have an electric post with water if that will help.

Yes, and after Wolf I'm going to slow camp up there and stay in the general tent camping area with all.

I've turned my Time Out into a cargo trailer, and will use a decent (but not expensive) tent until I decide which tent I really want. I'm leaning towards a Kodiak Canvas
Apex VX but they are heavy and I don't want one unless I have a new trailer built which has a drop gate in the back. But I'm done with trailer tent campers.

All my bins fit on the floor along the centerline front to back, so the weight distribution and CG is vastly improved. Plus, with the trailer tent gone, and the bed board gone, its very light. So my gas mileage should be a lot better.

Anyway, I can't afford to register until I finish paying off the gearbox repair, so I'll register in August.

Watching this. It's not too far away and might be a nice weekend. I'm going to TN and hitting the cherohala the following weekend, so not sure if I'll do both, but why the hell not right?

I wanted to understand the fees. Normally, I've gone to COG events and fees can be paid in cash at the event, and it's a bit more informative as to what that money goes towards. Is the $30 to cover the meal on Saturday night and the misc drinks and such that were mentioned?

trucker said:
Hey guys as a new member I'm seriously considering this however I have a question.Will there be much sightseeing,something that I would not have much intrest in.To be frank I'd rather spend my time riding.

Trent, this area is full of good riding.  You would only be sightseeing if you stopped for it I suppose.  Most of the COG rides have a few that get together and go ride.  You learn the group you want to ride with as time moves on.  You will have fun!  Where would you be coming from? 

Moto2wheelin said:
Trent, this area is full of good riding.  You would only be sightseeing if you stopped for it I suppose.  Most of the COG rides have a few that get together and go ride.  You learn the group you want to ride with as time moves on.  You will have fun!  Where would you be coming from? I'd be coming from  just outside of Columbus,Ohio.I have to do some cash squeezing to do from the misses.It sounds like it's just up my alley.

Registration closes September 22nd get your names on the list.

Just click the link for registration

https://tinyurl.com/yc5ytbj2

I have had a few ask if I could extend registration till Tuesday due to schedules, so registration is open till tommorow. Just needed a head count for dinner Sat, night.

Kevin, I hope to see a few pictures of the good time that I am missing this weekend!!!  Hope you all are having a great time man!

Thanks to Kevin and Co for putting on such a great event. Definitely the best COG event I've been to. Needless to say I skipped dinner last night because we ate so  much over the course of the weekend.  :)

Kevin, thanks to you and Michelle for having us again. Well done and very enjoyable. Good food and just a relaxing time with perfect weather, it don't get no better than that. I see a bright future for this rally.

Thanks for the planning and work you and your family put in to this Kevin. Dustin and I had a good time. Dovies was a real treat! The campground was perfect.

The gang that made the ride!  I sure hate that I missed it but heard you guys had a great time and Kevin and family did a great job hosting!!  Cool stuff!

Attachments

• 2017 COG KY RIDE.jpg
    2017 COG KY RIDE.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 108