• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Another bad idea; White Pants

nickrides

This spring I found some nice looking WHITE airpants on sale. I thought they might be cooler in the sun, they were.
BUT
After only one season they are so dirty, even with double spray and wash they look terrible.
Nick 2014C-14

This spring I found some nice looking WHITE airpants on sale. I thought they might be cooler in the sun, they were.
BUT
After only one season they are so dirty, even with double spray and wash they look terrible.
Nick 2014C-14
this brings to mind the saying, "ride it like you stole it." Reason being, here in AL only the inmates where white pants on a regular basis. How do I know? I serve at a local correctional facility and it (the color) is one we cannot wear going into the facility. Just sayin' ...

Just picking on you, nickrides :)

Great idea on their being cooler.

Had a white mesh jacket once, sure would get filthy with dead bug carcasses quickly. Never again, only black jackets now.

I didn’t think it through either - got a silver Sedici Jacket - like the jacket enough, versatile, lightweight to winter l, dry or wet…. BUT silver it is / no more.. lol

this brings to mind the saying, "ride it like you stole it." Reason being, here in AL only the inmates where white pants on a regular basis. How do I know? I serve at a local correctional facility and it (the color) is one we cannot wear going into the facility. Just sayin' ...

Just picking on you, nickrides :)

Great idea on their being cooler.
I used to do a lot of work (CAT emergency gensets) in AZ prisons where the prisoners wear denim. I asked a guard on my very first visit why jeans were not allowed to be worn in the facility by contractors. He answered “Because in a riot you’ll be shot like the rest of the jeans wearers.” Ha! I wore white coveralls from then on!

I used to do a lot of work (CAT emergency gensets) in AZ prisons where the prisoners wear denim. I asked a guard on my very first visit why jeans were not allowed to be worn in the facility by contractors. He answered “Because in a riot you’ll be shot like the rest of the jeans wearers.” Ha! I wore white coveralls from then on!
I can't blame you there. It's a must to know what is and is not allowed in such facilities, depending on the state and county one lives in.

Sorry that I/we took this off topic.

I dont like a dirty jacket,kinda glad someone invented a washing machine over a 100 years sgo😏

Last edited: