• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Another Colorado Loop trip this summer

jdcjdcjd

Bicycle
I am planning another loop trip this summer (like last years Walden/Trailridge/Estes loop).  Not sure of the date just yet, but will post as soon as I have any interest in the trip.  This trip will be  start from Denver, to  Silverthorne, Vail, Glenwood Springs, Aspen, Independence Pass, Leadville, back to Silverthorne, back to Denver.  This will be an all day ride with possible stops at the Glenwood Hot springs, and plenty of photo stops.  Total mileage is about 360. Probably be some time in late June or July.

Hi Jim, we're in! We had a blast on last year's ride, so we're looking forward to it. Let us know about the dates as things get closer.

OK, I am setting a date of July 14th for this trip.  Email me at jdcjdcjd@msn.com if you are interested.

JD

Well, since every single person who had said they might come on this trip cannot come on the 14th, I will try another date as I am somewhat flexible on the dates.  Lets try July 28th.

JD Cunningham said:
Well, since every single person who had said they might come on this trip cannot come on the 14th, I will try another date as I am somewhat flexible on the dates.  Lets try July 28th.

Okay...then I'm back in!  >:D

Well, I'll be picking up my Connie in another 13 days, and I do enjoy a good mountain ride.
I'll follow this thread as the date approaches - but for now, I'm in!

Well,  July 28th seems to work much better, I now have 7 signups.  I will follow up with details soon.

I'm in. That is a long time out for me but in for now.  I'm a new member but have owned a '86 Connie for the last three years. Just about to buy a '93. Why do I need two, I'll never know.

Adam Go Fast said:
I'm in. That is a long time out for me but in for now.  I'm a new member but have owned a '86 Connie for the last three years. Just about to buy a '93. Why do I need two, I'll never know.

Because A) you can; and B) the best answer to how many motorcycles does a man need is..... One more.

Thinkin'. Where's your meet up point JD? May ride up from NV on a Friday to join you on a Sat. Currently looking at coming up through AZ as the 15/70 I've done a dozen times and no longer thrills me.

If I'm in town then, I'm in. I live on the Western Slope so I'll have to meet up with you somewhere along the way.

HotWire said:
If I'm in town then, I'm in. I live on the Western Slope so I'll have to meet up with you somewhere along the way.

Hotwire, Let me know as the date approaches if you can go and we will take it from there.  sounds like a good meeting place would be Glenwood Springs?

To all interested in this trip. Let's meet at 7:30 AM on the 28th at the big park and ride lot located at the Morrison exit of I70 (exit 259) in Golden.  Its on the NW corner by the Conoco Station.    Any questions, please email me at jdcjdcjd@msn.com

If anyone is riding to the meet-up point from the southern end of town (I'm in Parker) let me know. More headlights get noticed better....

Brad / Allen / Tammy -
Great ride this morning. Very much enjoyed meeting and riding with you. Might just have to do that loop again soon!

notsluggo said:
Brad / Allen / Tammy -
Great ride this morning. Very much enjoyed meeting and riding with you. Might just have to do that loop again soon!

Had a great time!  Can't help thinking we somehow missed the rest of the group, though... :(

Maybe we missed the rest of the group, but we had a great ride anyway...

A "silver sandwich" atop Loveland Pass
69bb1b4a.jpg

Great mileage at altitude - my average was 50mpg today...
0eec50fb.jpg

And my Silver Bullet (thanks, CRocker)...
d2338a08.jpg

Bill, Brad,
Tammy and I had a great time on the "breakfast" run. :great:
I agree we should do that again soon.
Hope the rest of our group had as much fun!!! ;D

On TOP Loveland Pass.
IMG_0210.jpg

Bill Above the clouds.
IMG_0216.jpg

We were at the lower end...near the I-70 ramp...looking back on posts...maybe we should have been up at the gas station...?  Did you have any takers yesterday?

JD,
I arrived at about 7:15 and cruised the whole lot and sat here at the red star.

Location.jpg

Then about 10 Minutes later I road it again thinking I was in the wrong Spot. I never saw anybody so waited there so I could see people coming off the highway. Then Bill and Brad arrived. We waited a little after 8:00 to leave. :(

Darn,
I was afraid that would happen with such a large lot. :-[
OK next time in front of the gas station and exchange cell numbers!!! ;D

JD Cunningham said:
I was at the other end of the parking area right across from the Conoco station.  I guess next time I should post a cell number.  Live and learn!  Glad you guys had a good ride; I did a ride alone up to Steamboat Springs which was pretty nice.  I am planning on doing a fall ride and will get it together a little better!

Don't know how we missed you - I also rode the whole lot when I arrived.
Our loop involved I70 to and over Loveland Pass, around the south side of Dillon reservoir, hwy 9 through Breckenridge and over Hoosier Pass, and a stop for an extended breakfast (yum) in FairPlay. 285 brought us back to Denver with just a sprinkling of rain drops.