• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Another top case/base plate thread

willdaddy

I haven't been able to find a specific answer in the forum, so forgive me if this is too repetitive.  I have a Givi e460 monokey top case and want to mount it on my 2019 Concours.  Will the KQR 47 base plate work with the Givi e460?

I dont know the answer to your specific question but i would ask if the Phill’s rack would work for your top case!

Willdaddy said:
I haven't been able to find a specific answer in the forum, so forgive me if this is too repetitive.  I have a Givi e460 monokey top case and want to mount it on my 2019 Concours.  Will the KQR 47 base plate work with the Givi e460?

Contact the vendor for the base plate.  They should know.

I highly recommend Philsfarkels : https://www.philsfarkels.com/ 
His racks have holes pre-drilled for his "SW-Motech kit to allow ONLY Givi monoKEY trunks to connect directly to the rack." <- quoted from his webpage.

I have his rack and SW-Motech Kit installed on my 2011 C14 with a Givi 47L and IMHO it's a very solid mount.

The Pope said:
I highly recommend Philsfarkels : https://www.philsfarkels.com/ 
His racks have holes pre-drilled for his "SW-Motech kit to allow ONLY Givi monoKEY trunks to connect directly to the rack." <- quoted from his webpage.

I have his rack and SW-Motech Kit installed on my 2011 C14 with a Givi 47L and IMHO it's a very solid mount.

I agree with all the smart people above!  :)
I bought Phil's rack with the SW Motech kit installed and mounted a Givi trekker dolomiti 30l. It fit perfectly and is solid as a rock!

Willdaddy said:
Don't know if this helps but I have Givi V47, Givi 55 Maxia and Give E460. They ALL fit on the same Givi baseplate. And the picture of the KQR 47 looks the same as my V47 except for color

I used some rectangular aluminum bar (1" x 5/8) to mount the Givi base plate directly to the arms. It has worked well