• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Any AK20-Penske setup near Miami - Broward-Palm Beach

Fix Ur Critter

Howdy

before I take a $2500 plunge I would love to ride a Traxxion Ak20 fork and Penske shock setup on a C14. I'll buy lunch or show appreciation to your satisfaction. I'm in SouthWest Broward. Will be in the Traxxion area late May so looking to decide rather quickly.

For those curious why I want to upgrade it is 95% for the wife's riding enjoyment- the other 5% for safety in the twisties.

thanks
Mike

Mike,
Not in your neck of the woods here in Indianapolis, IN. but your reasons are the same as mine.  I installed the AK20 and penske last weekend an have been riding it to work every day this week. Planning a trip to Texas in a few weeks and wanted my wife to be comfortable.  Taking a shake down cruise this weekend two up.  I've had the bike out of service for 4 months and been on my VFR800, but from what I remember of the C-14, this set up is noticeably better than stock.  The bike doesn't seem to hop around after a bump.  It just feels settled, is the best I can describe it. And I am happy to spend $2K if I can keep her from looking at a Goldwing for her comfort. :))

Fix ur Critter said:
Howdy

before I take a $2500 plunge I would love to ride a Traxxion Ak20 fork and Penske shock setup on a C14. I'll buy lunch or show appreciation to your satisfaction. I'm in SouthWest Broward. Will be in the Traxxion area late May so looking to decide rather quickly.

For those curious why I want to upgrade it is 95% for the wife's riding enjoyment- the other 5% for safety in the twisties.

thanks
Mike
You might attend a COG event in the hopes that someone shows up with that setup.

Jeffrey said:
Mike,
Not in your neck of the woods here in Indianapolis, IN. but your reasons are the same as mine.  I installed the AK20 and penske last weekend an have been riding it to work every day this week. Planning a trip to Texas in a few weeks and wanted my wife to be comfortable.  Taking a shake down cruise this weekend two up.  I've had the bike out of service for 4 months and been on my VFR800, but from what I remember of the C-14, this set up is noticeably better than stock.  The bike doesn't seem to hop around after a bump.  It just feels settled, is the best I can describe it. And I am happy to spend $2K if I can keep her from looking at a Goldwing for her comfort. :))
I ride with a buddy that has a Goldwing.  He can make that fat girl do quite the dance in the twisties.  :-\:motonoises:

[/quote]
I ride with a buddy that has a Goldwing.  He can make that fat girl do quite the dance in the twisties.  :-\:motonoises:
[/quote]

I have seen videos of 'wings doing incredible things.  But they still look like they have civic tail lights.  I think a used Yamaha Venture with the V-4 would be fun.  But still not ever going to get rid of my C14!!

Fix ur Critter said:
Steve in Sunny Fla said:
I have that setup, just N of Tampa for about 1 more month. Steve

Where are you moving to Steve. Have thought many times to take a ride over one day to try the flash.

Yur late! I moved last week, 115 miles further North, about 40 Mi west of Gainsville. Steve