• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

any day trips in Dallas area planned?

copdocpvd

Hi all,

I'm almost recovered from ankle reconstruction earlier this Summer, am dying to get back on the bike.  Any day trips/ride-to-eat kinda' things in the works for the end of August and September?

Pete

I am looking at  RTE in September and October as work and family permits.

One will probably be a breakfast at Alliance and then maybe some FM4 or Muenster fun.

Alternatively we can meet for a ride to the Illinois Bend bridge (blow the soot out)  :motonoises: and then some German food in Muenster for lunch

The other will likely be a day ride out on the East Texas Curving Grounds between Mesquite and Edom.

WHAT SAY YE?

Craig

copdocpvd said:
count me in, kid obligations notwithstanding

OK......in the next week I'll throw out a couple of dates for SEP and then firm it up with a Calendar entry.

Ride free,

Craig

If you can extend a little the roads between Edom and Palestine are tasty.  PLease count me in as I am going stir crazy.

Not So Wild Turkey said:
If you can extend a little the roads between Edom and Palestine are tasty.  PLease count me in as I am going stir crazy.

That's a possibility for sure! I'll get busy this weekend and post a ride after we have a good date.

Room for 1 more?  Bought my 2013 4 months ago and no time to ride. 
I'm in the Kaufman area. 
New to Concours, but not to bikes.  Last 3 have been 2006 ZX-14, 2008 ZX-14 and 2012 ZX-14R.

LuckyC14 said:
I'm in the Kaufman area. 
New to Concours, but not to bikes.  Last 3 have been 2006 ZX-14, 2008 ZX-14 and 2012 ZX-14R.

You bet and welcome to the forum!  I am thinking the 19th of September if everyone can pencil in that date.

Proposed KSU at 0900 from the Shell (SE corner of US80 and Beltline) in Mesquite.

You could meet us at the TX 243 and FM 429 intersection.

Might do lunch at Beans and Burgers in Athens.....they will have Blue Bell by then! ;D

Craig

kv5e said:
LuckyC14 said:
I'm in the Kaufman area. 

You bet and welcome to the forum!  I am thinking the 19th of September if everyone can pencil in that date.

Proposed KSU at 0900 from the Shell (SE corner of US80 and Beltline) in Mesquite.

You could meet us at the TX 243 and FM 429 intersection.

Might do lunch at Beans and Burgers in Athens.....they will have Blue Bell by then! ;D

Craig

Beans, Burgers and Botulism, then!

LuckyC14 said:
Sounds good!  :beerchug:

Great!  I'll wait for the others on the date and then post in the Calendar (members and non-members accessible).

I'll need to run this by my cycle chanteuse (wife) as she will coming along.  I'll also email a couple of other folks who don;t check the forum much.

This will also go out in the SC Newsletter which I'm working on now.

Craig

Hello all - I recently moved from Southeast Florida to Flower Mound and am interested in Dallas area rides.  Unfortunately on the 19th I am attending the sports car races ar COTA, but will keep watching for more rides. 

Craig - kv5e looks like a ham radio call sign. I am wa4p. 

Jim