• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

any Ideas For a Cup Holder?

" The only cup I have is the one I'm wearing. I dont think I want to drink out of it,  officers. "  But thats another story.

I ride with a Shoei Multitec modular full face.
I've been getting dehydrated and I hate those camelbacks.

gsun said:
I take it you don't wear a full face helmet.

gsun, what are you implying?

Nickrides said:
I ride with a Shoei Multitec modular full face.
I've been getting dehydrated and I hate those camelbacks.

Agreed! Staying hydrated is essential! I think a good windscreen and a modular helmet are "required" accessories for touring. I noticed modular helmets are a bit noisier than full-face helmets. Hence, a good windscreen. Did a 10-day tour with a full-face. Could only drink when at a gas stop. Others in my group would flip open their helmets at stop lights and grab a drink from their cup holders. 90 minutes between gas stops. I was dying when we hit the flatlands of the midwest in hazy/hot/humid weather.

Love my camel back.  Being On my departments swat team, where it was an essential piece of kit in the hot and humid chicagoland summers, it was a non issue in learning to use it with either a fullface  or modular helmet while riding. But i have accidentally left the shutoff valve on once and only once.  Lol,  bite valve got pinched between my leg and seat and drained  into my crotch.  refreshment shouldnt feel thatgood!!!

Im pretty convinced my constant daily use of a plastic water bladder contributed to getting mouth cancer. Cup holder for me. If your bladder smells like pvc, don't use it, pvc is highly associated with squamous cell carcinoma My 2C.

gsun said:
I take it you don't wear a full face helmet.

For me the cup holder is nice to grab a cup of coffee through on my way to a meeting or to work. I know a thermos would work but it is nice to swing through the drive through when time is tight. I have also enjoyed a hot coffee beverage while stopped in traffic. Just sayin.

Nickrides said:
Hi Gents
I'd like to add a cup holder to my 2014 C 14
Any good ones out there?
Thanks in advance!
Nick
This one has worked well for me.  Bike bottle cage and RAM stuff.  On the C14 I made a plate that attached to the center black panel on the tank.  Used the two rear most bolts.  Just get longer bolts, shim the plate a little and bolted a RAM ball to the plate.  That stayed on bike and didn't interfere with a tank bag.  HTH!

Attachments

• IMG_1791.JPG
    IMG_1791.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1792.JPG
    IMG_1792.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 121
I take my wife along on the ride.  :nananana:

Have her extend her left hand, insert plastic cup, {inside that} insert beer, place cover on cup, add straw..

NOTE: Extended hand sometimes has ugly finger pointing at me..

Ride safe, Ted

Funny I have a water bottle cage as well but mounted on the rear bag cages! I also have a modular helmet so it makes easy to grab a drink when stopped or at slow speeds.

Here's what my water bottle cage mounted looks like:
49754276618_4b1449a347_c.jpg

bowtie39 said:
Nickrides said:
Hi Gents
I'd like to add a cup holder to my 2014 C 14
Any good ones out there?
Thanks in advance!
Nick
This one has worked well for me.  Bike bottle cage and RAM stuff.  On the C14 I made a plate that attached to the center black panel on the tank.  Used the two rear most bolts.  Just get longer bolts, shim the plate a little and bolted a RAM ball to the plate.  That stayed on bike and didn't interfere with a tank bag.  HTH!