• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Any info on the 2012 PNW regional rally?

zg

Hey guys,
At what point do the dates and location of the 2012 PNW rally get set? I want to try and block out the dates far in advance so I can make it next year, thanks!

ZG said:
Hey guys,
At what point do the dates and location of the 2012 PNW rally get set? I want to try and block out the dates far in advance so I can make it next year, thanks!

Since you're the first to ask, what dates are good for you?  I was thinking late July early August time to help ensure we have decent weather.

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Since you're the first to ask, what dates are good for you?  I was thinking late July early August time to help ensure we have decent weather.

:rotflmao:

Better move it to South Eastern Oregon then, if you really want the best odds.  :D

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
ZG said:
Hey guys,

Predicting PNW weather is like predicting the stock market...  :-[

As long as it's pretty far in advance the odds of me working around it for my schedule are typically pretty good. We usually start to make our summer vacation plans around Thanksgiving, so if I know what dates to avoid for that will be very helpful, at least for me. Thanks bro for asking!  :beerchug:

A date range to stay away from though for me is that our oldest graduates high school next year, so I definitely can't miss that...

Have you picked a location yet Charlie?

Location, location, location.  Idaho is nice, but since we go there for the Bun Cooler every May I don't want to overdo that venue.  Montana and Wyoming are pretty places.  When we were in Wenatchee a few of us went for a ride to Republic, WA. which is a cool little town.  If the folks down in the Southwest can't get someone to step up and be Area Director, maybe we should have our Regional somewhere like Grants Pass, OR. and show our fellow COGers a little love and understanding.
  I am definitely open to suggestion.  The Regional is for everybody to enjoy, so I like input from the masses.  I've had a few folks tell me Republic is a good choice, so that's where my intuition is currently pointing me, but it's not too late by any means to change my mind.  We've got lots of time to figure it out.

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Location, location, location.

If the folks down in the Southwest can't get someone to step up and be Area Director, maybe we should have our Regional somewhere like Grants Pass, OR. and show our fellow COGers a little love and understanding. 

Grants Pass would be a great place for the regional in 2012. Crater Lake, Pacific Ocean, great roads very close by, and Northern California Coggers would be able to attend without too much traveling. I'd be happy to assist. Assuming the economy doesn't pick up and I find a real job out of state before then!  :'(

My vote is Grants Pass, OR and maybe first week in August. Hells Canyon rally is the 8th of June and don't want to miss it or have two long trips close together. I agree with ZG, set it up early, I also set my vacations up in December for the following year. :beerchug:
Grants Pass is a very cool town with many back country roads to ride.

I'd vote for Grants Pass mid to late August, the National Rally is in June
close to the ocean and the redwoods should be fun
Bruce

Well as you probably already know, rallies require scouting out hotels, campgrounds, food and ride routes prior to the rally event. Most of the time special rates are negotiated with a hotel and/or campground as well.

Ok. i'll help out with that stuff.  let's make it a firm commitment and i'll start looking at options.

Sounds like you Southwest guys are really jonesing for a Regional to go to. :motonoises:  I saw a few Northwesters say Grants Pass would be a good place to party, and I would like to do more than just pass through town to buy gas.  I feel an announcement coming on......

I declare the 2012 COG Northwest Regional Rally will be in Grants Pass, Oregon.  Tentative- wait, let me put some emphasis on TENTATIVE dates August 10th-12th.  As soon as those with the most difficulty getting certain days tell me this does or doesn't work, we can look at changing weekends if need be.

My wedding anniversary is Aug 10th, but if I'm the only one with issues for that date just book it and I'll figure some way around it with my better half...

That weekend is usually Hot August Nights if anyone cares.  I am done with my car thing for a while, so it doesn't bother me, but i don't know about other Coggers

I am open to any date as long as it is set in advance. Charlie check out the Jet boat trips in Hells Canyon for Grants Pass. Don't know if the Rouge is to low at that time of year, but worth checking out. It does get alittle warm in the valley during this time! Jacksonville is also a very cool town, with a ride around the Applegate River. Just a few thoughts! 8)

Grants Pass would be a great place - OR coast to the west, mountains to the east.

Because of other commitments, I prefer the last week of August (just in case we're voting).

Yes, we are definitely voting.  I most definitely want to ensure maximum participation, and picking the date most folks can do is important.  One thing I need to have folks take into consideration is we have Ride The Ribbon on Labor Day weekend, the first weekend of September.  Having the Regional the weekend before is probably not a good thing to do to folks who are married and wish to stay that way. :truce:  How does some time in July look for people?  There's a guy in Alaska who tells me his days off are the last ten days of each month, so he asks for things to be scheduled then.  What say ye, people of COG?

If location is still up for debate I'd like to submit Roseburg, OR for consideration. There are fantastic rides to the east and west, and some nearby campgrounds have SOME chance of beating the prevailing August heat. Roseburg is only an hour north of Grants Pass, but the Umpqua River is a LOT cooler than the Rogue, and there are some great campgrounds nearby. Still easy access to Crater Lake, lots of wineries, close to Oregon dunes, Historic Oakland is close, etc. I love the Rogue and Grants Pass, but I HATE camping in 104 degree weather... I know, I'm a weanie... getting too old to sweat in a tent all night :)

Whaler said:
If location is still up for debate I'd like to submit Roseburg, OR for consideration. There are fantastic rides to the east and west, and some nearby campgrounds have SOME chance of beating the prevailing August heat. Roseburg is only an hour north of Grants Pass, but the Umpqua River is a LOT cooler than the Rogue, and there are some great campgrounds nearby. Still easy access to Crater Lake, lots of wineries, close to Oregon dunes, Historic Oakland is close, etc. I love the Rogue and Grants Pass, but I HATE camping in 104 degree weather... I know, I'm a weanie... getting too old to sweat in a tent all night :)

This is some excellent info on local conditions.  We can definitely change the location to Roseburg if things will be better there.  I didn't know it could get that hot in Grants Pass.

Does anybody else have some good local info on that section of Oregon?

I realize Roseburg is just a bit more north, but Grants Pass is my limit. Because I'm going on a cruise next year, a week long rally is not in the cards. I can make GP in one day, and one day back. So if its farther north, or more eastern than Grants Pass, I won't be able to make it. I'm just sayin.

FWIW, as a Southwesterner, I don't mind going another hour north if it means cooler temperatures, though we have talked about spending some time in Grants Pass for a while, so it would be nice if that worked out.  Either way, it will be cooler than where I'm coming from.  ;)

BTW, Wikipedia lists the average high temp in August of 89.6 for Grants Pass and 86 for Roseburg, so not a big difference on paper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grants_Pass,_Oregon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roseburg,_Oregon

is it sad i already have my route planned to either?  hehe

run over to 101 and head up that route. The thought of 5 hours on I5 kills me.

Greg said:

I'll meet you in Cloverdale.

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:

This is some excellent info on local conditions.  We can definitely change the location to Roseburg if things will be better there.  I didn't know it could get that hot in Grants Pass.

Does anybody else have some good local info on that section of Oregon?

We did the 2008 NW Rally in Winston, Oregon "From Grapes to Apes".  Wineries and Wildlife Safari!  Nobody seemed to like the location..... they loved it!

But I think Grants Pass is an excellent location and would vote for it as well. Lots of downtown activities, yes it can be hot in August. I taught this weekend in GP and it was 97 on Saturday........ And we would have to see about the calendar of events for the area as the Hot August Nights car show is a very big deal there. Oh it is also a ton of fun, so even if it is the same weekend and as long as we got it in early with a hotel HQ I think we'd be fine.

MrPepsi said:
Greg said:

I'll meet you in Cloverdale.

Great idea, though I'd love to hit Hwy 36 either going or coming...

GFinCA said:

Agreed, but its a long ride already, adding that in, during the heat of August can possibly be too much.

MrPepsi said:
GFinCA said:

Agreed, but its a long ride already, adding that in, during the heat of August can possibly be too much.

There's a good chance we'd be making an extended trip out of it, so we could come home at a more leisurely pace and hit 36 then.  :great:

More on topic, I would be open to mixing cars (Hot August Nights) and bikes for a weekend in Grants Pass if that's where it ended up on the calendar.  ;D

APBB( Any Place But Burns). We did a national in Klamath in 01. Grant's pass is good, we may have good luck with the temps and maybe only in the 80's. Tying in the ocean on a day ride will cool it off a little. It is close to the Ribbon but I don't do it every year.

Hell, i'm ready to roll right now.  Just hung two new Avon's tonight. :)

To make the call between the two, maybe we can look at accommodations and see which location suites motorcyclists the best.

8)

Caution POLE talk coming.

Should we do a poll so people can vote on the location?  It seems we have it narrowed down to two possibles. 

One thing I have to consider is the wishes of members from Canada.  They have expressed interest in southern Washington.  Are there any Assistant Area Directors doing anything in the Southwest?  Maybe one of those folks can put together something in CA and you guys wouldn't have to search for rallies in other areas.  If you guys want to do something like that but just don't know how to put it all together, I would be happy to help.  That way you guys in the south get a rally, and the Northwest folks get what they want, too.  Let me know if this idea holds water, or not.

I think I'd be interested in that position, but i don't really know the scope of the job.

Could you hit me up at greg@meansracing.com if you have time, and we'll discuss it.

When I get home tonight I'll send you an e-mail.  My first month as AD was a little overwhelming, but only because I let it be.

The combined NW-SW rally is okay. It has been a long time since we had anything in Montana. NW area or even Sandpoint, Idaho would possibly be cooler and further out there. Remote with less traffic except for Glacier. The only cooler spots this time of year would be to find a place on the coast without a major event to compete for weekend lodging. I prefer 70's to 80's for temps.

Grants Pass is great for super rides. Even Medford would work. Although Highway 199 to Crescent city is one great ride.

Not that I'm partial to Southern Oregon  :rotflmao: but I think Grants Pass or Roseburg either one would be a good fit for a Regional. If I had to choose between the two it would be Roseburg because I prefer smaller towns for our events. Plus, there are lots of great rides out of either. Lot better, in my humble opinion, than this summers choices.

I will work around whatever date is decided since I plan on stepping toward retirement by then by cutting back my hours and drawing on my SS. Before they change the rules!

But: Now that someone mentioned it, Sandpoint would probably do, also! Decisions, decisions!!!!!  ;D

DamDan

Talking to Roland the other day and a coast location was a subject.
Reedsport OR is small but friendly. Lots of good riding. i was ther a few weeks ago tho caging with utility trailer helping daughter move.

Pretty much anything north of the Cali border rules me out. I've been told I can't take that much time off to make it a five day trip. Two days up and two days back, may even make it a six day trip.

Sacramento to Grant's Pass is a 350 miles.  1 gas stop, lunch.  be there in 7 hrs.  Easy sleazy.  Tell me when!

danodemotoman said:
Uh north of CA is the PNW
Of course we still want you to come!

Message received.
I was simply trying to influence the location so I could try to make it.
I made it to this years in friggin wenachee, washington.
Next year I don't have that liberty of time.
Maybe in 2013

motovetro said:
A long way for the Canadians, maybe Montana! Where,s the southwest rally going to be?

I wish there was going to be one, but without a Southwest AD, I don't see much of a chance.
Yes I know, but I just can't commit to being an AD with my current SO relationship.

Maybe someone will step up, doesn't have to be a fancy affair. Also I did what I called a mille, which was a sat-sun thing for people with only weekends, those can be local and regional as a mini rally. Approxiamately 60-40 split on riding to and from the destination. We were lucky in Wenatchee as it can be friggin hot in July, 100+. The trouble with many areas then and August is it can be scorching, That is why I prefer the coast or at least a destination that has some style. If you can find a quiet(easy to get room reasonable) coast town in Northern Cal some of us may do the coast. However good roads in the coast ranges are great too. This time of year it's good waterproof gear time for us. We're California Dreamin' now, and drinkin brews.

Hey brutha's,
Has a date been set for this yet? We'll be making our summer family vaca plans over the Thanksgiving weekend so let me know so that I can avoid the dates of this event if possible...

:beerchug:

2linby said:
Anyone for using the Ride the Ribbon Labor Day weekend 9/1-2-3/12 for the Regional as well?  We did it several years ago and all was good. I could give the Dreamers lodge a call ASAP to secure the entire place. so?

http://www.dreamerslodge.com/index.html

Sounds good to me.  I had put some feelers out to a different area, but never got any response.  If no one else comes up with a better idea, I say your idea could do quite well.  Unless Roland really has a need for coastal climate (cold, windy nights), John Day gets my vote.

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
danodemotoman said:
Think FRESH.
Kinda like the Bun Cooler the JD area has good riding but,, BTDT. Every year.

Oregon coast?

Florence? Reedsport? Coos Bay?

Lottsa riding, Smith River Road, Hwy 101, 42 42S etc.......

Heading (caging) to Reedsport on Monday to visit and bring daughter Carrie back up north for turkey day. Small town but with hwy 101 there may be the infrastructure for the regional.
Will look into motel info. They have a few restaurants.
The riding is there.
Totally understand the argument for a location that is more central tho we can also have one that is not.

2linby said:
Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
danodemotoman said:
Think FRESH.
Kinda like the Bun Cooler the JD area has good riding but,, BTDT. Every year.

Oregon coast?

Florence? Reedsport? Coos Bay?

Lottsa riding, Smith River Road, Hwy 101, 42 42S etc.......

I know how this crowd rolls- which town has the cheapest hotel that isn't plagued with bad ratings?

Regardless of what I said about distance before and not being able to make it. If you have it in Florence, I will be able to come since my SO loves that town.

2linby said:
Anyone for using the Ride the Ribbon Labor Day weekend 9/1-2-3/12 for the Regional as well?  We did it several years ago and all was good. I could give the Dreamers lodge a call ASAP to secure the entire place. so?

http://www.dreamerslodge.com/index.html
You can count out most Canucks if that is the date. The border sucks then and on a bike - forget it. Three plus hour waits.

Anywhere is good for me. Florence is great but lots of wind and fog. In 2009 I went to CA and it was 95F on I5. Took a trip to the coast to cool off - 60F! I had to stop and buy long johns!

Sounds as though "someone" needs to make a decision. Pick a place and a date. You can't please everybody, so don't try. It will drive you nuts. People that need to plan for this just need a date and a place. Much of the other planning can wait a while.

Just my "humble" opinion.

DamDan

Working on it!!!!!
Submitting proposal and info to our Grand Poobah (aka NWCOG AD, Charlie) in a few days.
Hint: Goin' Coastal

Do you have a date picked? I just got word from the boss (SO) that we may go to Oregon for a summer trip after all. I'd sure love to encorporate this into our plans.

MrPepsi said:
Do you have a date picked? I just got word from the boss (SO) that we may go to Oregon for a summer trip after all. I'd sure love to encorporate this into our plans.

We're looking at some time in September to get COG rates at the hotel.

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
MrPepsi said:

Well it was worth a try but that rules us out. College is in full swing in September.

MrPepsi said:
Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
MrPepsi said:

Well it was worth a try but that rules us out. College is in full swing in September.

The next Concourier will have club officer voting announcements for the positions open to election this time around.  Cross your fingers at least one of the phantom "interested parties" actually submits their name for SWAD.  If not, rustle up a warm body to volunteer to be the actual person in charge and I'll do what I can electronically to help the Southwest folks have your own regional in a location of Southwest choosing.  If you guys can get someone down that way to gather information and compile a newsletter, I'll help get the money to distribute it to all those who want a paper copy instead of electrons.  It's time to stir this pot and cook up an AD for you guys.

Ok with the Connie. KLR, Rambler and Fairlane calling me to either ride, drive or maintain..... nobody knows the trouble I've seen..... ha ha.
Sent our AD, Charlie, a brief description of the info I ran across for the event.
No secret but want to get some details and decisions made before public disclosure.

danodemotoman said:
Ok with the Connie. KLR, Rambler and Fairlane calling me to either ride, drive or maintain..... nobody knows the trouble I've seen..... ha ha.
Sent our AD, Charlie, a brief description of the info I ran across for the event.
No secret but want to get some details and decisions made before public disclosure.

Oh sure, Keep me in the dark!  You, you, you....... elite Cog persons you! But why September?

2linby said:
elite Cog persons you! But why September?

Its a conspiracy to keep MrPepsi away. I am from the SouthWest you know.
First I told them in Grants Pass and I'd be there so they moved it to the coast, and halfway up in Oregon, which I said I was out. Then I got the OK to head all the way to PDX this summer, and I came and said such. So they moved it to September, so now I'm out again. There will be no way I can make it in September so you're all clear now!

September is fine by me but so would about ten of the twelve months of the year.
Got to remember that "schools" are back in session then and not just K-12.

Coastal is OK too. I started to say, as long as its not a big town but then remembered there aren't any of those in Oregon or Washington, excluding Puget Sound, that is.  :-[

Sounds as though we need to consider the Sandpoint, ID location for the follwing year so that the folks from the north and east don't have to travel so far.

DamDan

MrPepsi said:
2linby said:
elite Cog persons you! But why September?

Its a conspiracy to keep MrPepsi away. I am from the SouthWest you know.
First I told them in Grants Pass and I'd be there so they moved it to the coast, and halfway up in Oregon, which I said I was out. Then I got the OK to head all the way to PDX this summer, and I came and said such. So they moved it to September, so now I'm out again. There will be no way I can make it in September so you're all clear now!

Yeah, yeah- we've heard you couldn't make the location a few times, and then you always found a way.  Just kidding. ;)  There's been some e-mail chatter about COG elections being over, and since each position was being sought by only one person, those who submitted their names to run for election won by default.  The Southwest crowd does indeed have their own Area Director again, so now you can look forward to a 2012 Southwest Regional Rally someplace closer to you. :06:

Location: Coastal is 'new and improved', having it always 'central' leaves out other good locations.
Time:      Too much tourism affecting traffic and motel availability/rates in pror months of July Aug, June was lousy last year and coastal wx
Happy:    Can't be there for everyone!

Is someone having BMOC witdrawals? .. LOL  ;)

[/quote]

Oh sure, Keep me in the dark!  You, you, you....... elite Cog persons you! But why September?
[/quote]

As far as those from the hinterlands and the great white north are concerned a less structured rally could be put together later(over winter) during the hotter summer months. Somebody mentioned Sandpoint, there is also Republic, Washington and nothwest Montana. I've spent a couple of days in Libby and they have the accomdations, only a town of 2,500. Depending on the type of riding all 3 and maybe others fit the requirements. Remember that Canada is open for day rides out those venues. This is just a discussion and if any like it we can start a new thread. Besides we can discuss  2012 at the show, no hurry. Someone should be able to throw some weekend rallis together in the SW. If some are in Northern California when the good weather starts and we have a couple of months to go you might see some expatriots fom here.

Met with NWCOG AD Charlie Gary today,
APPROVAL STAMP :)

2012 NWCOG Regional

'Goin' Coastal'

Reedsport OR
Sept 14,15,16 - 2012

Economy Motel (expect to have 20 room block reserved for registration)

Focal point: Shermans Motorcycle Products, an independent motorcycle shop in Reedsport

Victoria in SMP was very interested in our rally and even volunterred to have the shop as a focal point for rides and a Sat nite buffet.

http://www.economy-inn-reedsport.com/

http://www.umpquadiscoverycenter.com/

http://www.shermscycleproducts.com/

http://www.reedsportcc.org/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Located on the southerly Oregon coast at the intersections of hwy's US 101 and OR 38 approx 20 mi north of Coos Bay and same mileage south of Florence.
Situated at the Umpqua River and Winchester Bay mid center of the famous Oregon Dunes orv playground with the Pacific Ocean on the western border and the adjacent Umpqua Lighthouse.
Reedsport has numerous motels with the motorcycle friendly Economy Inn on hwy 101 (38 rooms) managed by motorcyclists Jeff and Kathy. Economy in mind was this selection with the appearance of proper maintenance of the motel. Sept is the beginning of the off season. Quoted prices was $56 one bed/$66 two bed. Conti brekie, wireless internet, cable TV and a pool. Several other motels close by for overflow plus Best Western across the street for an upgrade. All motels feature exterior room doors opening to the parking area in front of the rooms.
Reedsport old town is just off Hwy 101 on hwy 38 with shops and an independent motorcycle store and repair, Sherm's Cycle Products. New town on 101 has a Safeway and Price Choppers grocery outlets, fast food with McD's and Dairy Queen.
Victoria at (independent) Sherms Cycle Products was VERY open to our rally. Interesting was the '99 low mi 18K Concours on the sales floor. Was this a sign?  Victoria has the shop available for a Sat eve meal. If we can get a reasonable estimate of diners she will be able to do it $ per plate. Plus being the focal point for ride departures and arrivals.
Reedsport has the marine Umpqua Discovery Center with two dioramas inside and nice views of the Umpqua River. Elk viewing area is just east on hwy 38.
Winchester Bay/ Salmon Marina has several eating choices mostly centered on seafood.
There are many roads to choose ride routes both pavement and adv. Hwy 101 is the most obvious and Smith River Road was recommended for remote riding. All routes TBD upon forthcoming ride inspection.
The info I recieved from the joint USFS and Visitor office is available to us in quantity in brochure and handouts for our attendees.
Having been there only in Oct and Nov it was friendly and pleasant with low traffic. With the Dunes and general tourism being a major summer attraction the Sept time frame is likely optimal for lower traffic and motel pricing.

Come on Brent.  You, Me & Gary.  And of course, anyone else.  That is a short 8-10 hr ride.  :)  Sounds like a good memory maker to me.  Since you're on a C14, we'll stop every once in a while and wait for you.

:rotflmao:

danodemotoman said:
Met with NWCOG AD Charlie Gary today,
APPROVAL STAMP :)

2012 NWCOG Regional

'Goin' Coastal'

Reedsport OR
Sept 14,15,16 - 2012

Economy Motel (expect to have 20 room block reserved for registration)

Focal point: Shermans Motorcycle Products, an independent motorcycle shop in Reedsport

Victoria in SMP was very interested in our rally and even volunterred to have the shop as a focal point for rides and a Sat nite buffet.

http://www.economy-inn-reedsport.com/

http://www.umpquadiscoverycenter.com/

http://www.shermscycleproducts.com/

http://www.reedsportcc.org/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Located on the southerly Oregon coast at the intersections of hwy's US 101 and OR 38 approx 20 mi north of Coos Bay and same mileage south of Florence.
Situated at the Umpqua River and Winchester Bay mid center of the famous Oregon Dunes orv playground with the Pacific Ocean on the western border and the adjacent Umpqua Lighthouse.
Reedsport has numerous motels with the motorcycle friendly Economy Inn on hwy 101 (38 rooms) managed by motorcyclists Jeff and Kathy. Economy in mind was this selection with the appearance of proper maintenance of the motel. Sept is the beginning of the off season. Quoted prices was $56 one bed/$66 two bed. Conti brekie, wireless internet, cable TV and a pool. Several other motels close by for overflow plus Best Western across the street for an upgrade. All motels feature exterior room doors opening to the parking area in front of the rooms.
Reedsport old town is just off Hwy 101 on hwy 38 with shops and an independent motorcycle store and repair, Sherm's Cycle Products. New town on 101 has a Safeway and Price Choppers grocery outlets, fast food with McD's and Dairy Queen.
Victoria at (independent) Sherms Cycle Products was VERY open to our rally. Interesting was the '99 low mi 18K Concours on the sales floor. Was this a sign?  Victoria has the shop available for a Sat eve meal. If we can get a reasonable estimate of diners she will be able to do it $ per plate. Plus being the focal point for ride departures and arrivals.
Reedsport has the marine Umpqua Discovery Center with two dioramas inside and nice views of the Umpqua River. Elk viewing area is just east on hwy 38.
Winchester Bay/ Salmon Marina has several eating choices mostly centered on seafood.
There are many roads to choose ride routes both pavement and adv. Hwy 101 is the most obvious and Smith River Road was recommended for remote riding. All routes TBD upon forthcoming ride inspection.
The info I recieved from the joint USFS and Visitor office is available to us in quantity in brochure and handouts for our attendees.
Having been there only in Oct and Nov it was friendly and pleasant with low traffic. With the Dunes and general tourism being a major summer attraction the Sept time frame is likely optimal for lower traffic and motel pricing.

So is this location and dates locked in now or still up for debate??
smiley_dunno.gif

I'm just trying to understand if I can go ahead and block the dates and book a room or if I should hold off?? These dates and location work fine for me, looking forward to meeting some of you guys!  :beerchug:

The date and location is locked in.
The motel is not locked yet. I have to see the operators once more to confirm.

So is this location and dates locked in now or still up for debate??
smiley_dunno.gif

I'm just trying to understand if I can go ahead and block the dates and book a room or if I should hold off?? These dates and location work fine for me, looking forward to meeting some of you guys!  :beerchug:
[/quote]

WOOHOO.

Ok, let's start planning a norcal COGgers ride up the coast.

Some options:
A.  I-5 north to Hwy 36 over to 101, then up to Reedsport.
B.  I-5 north to Hwy 299 over to 101, then up to Reedsport
C. Hwy 37 to 101, up 101 to Reedsport. 

I'll start another post for this if we need to.  I'm looking forward to the ride.

danodemotoman said:
Yes, the Best Western is two blocks across the street.

ZG said:

Thanks Dan. Will there be any discount at the BW too or just for the EI?

No other motel discount as the guest numbers would be too small to ask.

ZG said:
danodemotoman said:

ZG said:

danodemotoman said:
No other motel discount as the guest numbers would be too small to ask.

ZG said:
danodemotoman said:

ZG said:

No worries, just thought I'd ask, thanks for the reply Dan.  :beerchug: