• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Any interest in a Six Rivers weekend ride in 2024?

If you were inclined to join a Six Rivers ride, what timeframe would be best?

• April

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Early to mid-May

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • July

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • None -- just send me a postcard

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

santacruzrider

I've got an idea rolling around in my head, and want to do a Six Rivers weekend sometime next year. This is still germinating, but I'm thinking of Friday lunch meet in Napa, north on 29 around Clear Lake, then 101 and/or sideroads to Garberville area motel. Saturday would be the epic canyon loop on 299, 3, and 36; riding through (in no defined order) Fortuna, Eureka, Willow Creek, Weaverville and Mad River -- then back to Garberville area. Sunday ride would be 101 south to Leggett, then to the coast and Hwy 1 through Fort Bragg, Mendo, Pt. Arena, Bodega Bay, Stinson Beach and Muir Woods to rejoin 101 in Sausalito.

Route as listed would be close to 900 miles, somewhat evenly divided over the 3 days. Ample opportunities for some good eats.

Sound interesting to anyone? This one might be a good candidate for spring or even early summer (but keep in mind the national next year in June). I'm thinking not fall, as that can be plagued with wildfires and the SW already has some great rides planned Sept-Nov.

I realize that sometimes one needs to commute thru the San Joaquin to get some great riding but so we need to do it when it's 100° plus?

I realize that sometimes one needs to commute thru the San Joaquin to get some great riding but so we need to do it when it's 100° plus?
Well, at some point, you appear to have moved to the Mojave Desert annex -- so what do you expect??? ;)

But the straight answer is "no". What are you thinking? Maybe March, or do you wanting mid-Winter? I'm game for trying...

I don't know the snow possibility but a little rain is ok, late March or early April sounds good

Rain -- dang, you're going to make me break out my Frogg Toggs. I think OMOAC compared that to watching a man try to pack himself into a garbage bag. But I like the cooler weather idea, and late-March and early-April should be some choice riding weather. Thanks for weighing in.

Hi Dan, This is a great ride idea!! I am in! Late April Early May would be good. Bun Cooler is usually Mid to late May and of course we (I) need time to work on the National as it comes in mid June. Early-mid September or mid-October is very good also. Love the areas and roads that we would ride also! :) :cool:(y)

Hi Dan, Are you still thinking about this possible rally? It would be a very fun that is for sure. Count me in!! Let's see if there is any more interest from fellow riders!

I was thinking about it, and I suspect April would be the ideal time. I’m guessing that with area folks working so hard to prep for the nationals — this year might be a tough one for getting this started. I’ll want to ride it and scout it first. I’m game for planning it for 2024, but for this year my personal dance card is already looking full.

We can hold off till 2024! You always do a great job of planning a rally and then getting others excited to go!

Dan, just wanted to bump this to see if you're still considering putting something together for sometime in the late spring? I love riding in this area and would definitely try to make the trip down if dates line up.

Cheers,
Aaron