• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Any riders in Boise?

Are there any good roads to ride on around here?
Yes, there are! Are you new to Boise, or new to the C14/C10? Ride to Idaho City for breakfast is good. Cartwright Road in North Boise, from Bogus Basin to Dry Creek to Highway 55. Depending on where you are in town, Warm Springs to Highway 21 to Lucky Peak. And MOST DEFINITELY ride up to Kamiah to the BUN COOLER! Oh, man, you can't miss that. PM me.

Hmm guessing you didnt attend the national at idaho falls a few years back...
Yeah I did. Crashed a Harley doing so when the rear brake locked up.

The final drive on my 14 decided it wanted to leak. The 900 wasn't up for the trip. So I borrowed a buddies Harley. One thing the Harley had that I wish the C14 had was self cancelling turn signals. The Harley was an good ride. I got to listen to tunes along the way. But passing cars put me at a disadvantage. The reason for the rear brake locking up? I was coming to a corner that I though I should drop a few MPH. So I pressed on the rear brake. Shoulda just down shifted. But the next thing I knew I was headed for a guard rail. I ended up with a bruised foot and a wrecked jacket.

The cost of repair put a dent in my wallet for sure but the owner was happy after it was all done. Since the bike had done the same thing to him in Spokane, he traded it off for a Can Am. His wife will ride with him on the Cam Am so he said I actually did him a favor.

At that Idaho National, I ran into rain that I hadn't seen the likes of since I was stationed in Florida years before.

Last edited:
Tim, that wasnt meant for you...lol it was for the orginal poster...

But glad ur harley adventure worked out for all involved.
No worries. I took a lot of grief when I said it took several days of planning to pass a car compared to the C14. Before he sold it the Harley owner bought a new set of exhaust pipes for it and said it ran much better. I didn't get a chance to check it out my self. My Harley experience took place in Salmon, ID. I will also say the Harley dealer in Post Falls was very helpful. They even let me borrow some tools. I did not receive the same warm welcome at a Harley dealer in MT when my rear TPS went off on the C14. All they would do is give me some air....and give me directions to a metric dealer.

Last edited:
tir, website has changed since I was on last. Sent you a pm I thing. you let me know if you received it please.