• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Any updates on downed riders from national

Konehead34

Was just a little curious if we had any updates on the 2 riders that went down while riding at the national. Their status and injuries and causation of their crash, so we all might learn from them.

Not yeti. One’s in the hospital in Rome. Wife’s on the way. Hospital is honoring the health privacy laws I’m sure.

I can report that John Sperger is still on the mend after having a serious crash with a postal carrier. His family reports that his healing is going to be slow but all signs point to a full recovery. He will be in the care of my local hospital for several more weeks, it appears. I will be checking in while he is housed thusly. Those wanting to send notes of encouragement can do so here and I'll let John know to look.

Tom has struck out at getting info so far because of privacy rules. I wish his family would update.😣

Was just a little curious if we had any updates on the 2 riders that went down while riding at the national. Their status and injuries and causation of their crash, so we all might learn from them.

I saw Ed Dyer at the Ice cream social at the National. He was beat up and sore, but otherwise seemed ok. I did not learn what caused the crash.

( Ed and a couple of other MA guys took me under their wings/ let me ride with them at the 2019 national ). Had a great time
We even made the Concourier cover. 😁

Best
Bob

I saw Ed Dyer at the Ice cream social at the National. He was beat up and sore, but otherwise seemed ok. I did not learn what caused the crash.

( Ed and a couple of other MA guys took me under their wings/ let me ride with them at the 2019 national ). Had a great time
We even made the Concourier cover. 😁

Best
Bob

Pat,
Ed is the tall guy on the left

Ted,
Concourier cover pic for your garage dart board🤣🤣🤣

Bob

Attachments

• 4ACF271E-6465-415F-8FF5-2928DB83ECE3.jpeg
    4ACF271E-6465-415F-8FF5-2928DB83ECE3.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 179
  • 1C3B630F-90CE-4295-9111-53D146F71F36.jpeg
    1C3B630F-90CE-4295-9111-53D146F71F36.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 179
Cover pic is Rich Salkind leading, Paul Medeiros, me and then Ed.
I was on my little 1978 KZ 650. 😁

Posed picture left to right is Ed, Paul, me and Rich

My nephew and I took Ed to Huntsville so he could pick up his $600 per day rental car. Ed didn't really know why he crashed. His best guess was being tired.....and maybe getting too old to distance ride.

Bud,
Thanks for taking care of Ed. He’s good man.
I got the same impression on accident causation.
Bob

This trip was all about spending some time with Greg. We weren't too concerned with what we were doing, so Greg offered Ed the ride and I agreed. It was good to be in a position to help him out. My nephew Greg is a great guy!

Attachments

• IMG_20210618_114512_01.jpg
    IMG_20210618_114512_01.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 160
Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I am home continuing to rehab my left leg, it has multiple breaks. I'm looking at months of rehab.
I was hit by a postal driver, they came out of a driveway a little too wide and clipped me. There was also a tree blocking their view. The road was narrow and I never saw them.
Luckily I had great friends who help until the ambulance arrived.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I am home continuing to rehab my left leg, it has multiple breaks. I'm looking at months of rehab.
I was hit by a postal driver, they came out of a driveway a little too wide and clipped me. There was also a tree blocking their view. The road was narrow and I never saw them.
Luckily I had great friends who help until the ambulance arrived.
God speed on your recovery! Will be praying for you!