• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Anybody have recent dealings with Seth Laam Saddles?

Strawboss

Just a straightforward question about turnaround times lately. I know CA is it's own unique area on how they have dealt with the virus and he's been swamped and is just trying to get things done with shutdowns, quarantines, supplies, shipping, materials from quarantined countries etc...I'm not really worried, yet, but I'm getting the same answer each time I call and they are not returning my emails. This is a unique seat for him to do, I get all that, but I'm wondering when I should be thinking of maybe getting concerned. I don't even know if I should post this because I feel bad about it all and he's just trying to make a living making a great product. Respond and I'll send a private message to keep this as low key as possible.

When did he say you would get it back? Add three months to that , left my seat for an adjustment he told me i would get it back in a week, a month later i called and drove and picked it up, didn't notice any difference in the seat.

That's too bad. He did my seat years ago with a short turnaround time. He may have gotten to busy for his own good. BTW - there is no b at the end of Laam.

Thanks all, working on it, I get all the delays due to various issues, especially CA. Calling Seth next week, all is good with Seth just wanted some info before calling him.

OK, so a little history is in store. I originally contacted Seth in August of 2019 and sent my seat to him in March of 2021. One problem. I couldn't for the life of me find my original C-10 seat as I've been using a Corbin and a Russell Day Long seat since about 2004. Seth told me to send in my Russell, he'd rebuild it no problem, he said he's done a few and would do it for me.

I sent it to him right before the shutdown last March. Quarantines, shutdowns, materials/glue from China and other places delayed it all. I stopped calling last September.

Rooting around in my garage attic last month I found the original C-10 seat in a bag, I laughed. I called Seth that day and he gave me an answer I really did not want to hear as I had heard it each time I've called the past year every 3 months.

OK, I asked here, all ok with him? All said, yes, all ok, as I thought it would be.

I called today just to check in as I've not called in over a month now, he's sending it out Monday and I have full confidence it will be everything I want and what others rave about. I'm excited.

So, all ok, I'll know more in about 2 weeks after I get it on the bike and ride a bit.

I did not want it to look as though I was mad or unsatisfied with Seth or his company. That was never the case and was worried when I posted this that it would look that way.

Thanks to all for any input and comments.

Well, it's been 3 weeks now since I was told my seat was promised to be shipped out to me, this was 2 months after it was promised to be finished in 2 weeks, and 5 months after it was promised to be finished in 2 weeks, and 8 months after it was promised to finished in 2 weeks, and over a year now that he's had my seat, and, he only answered 1 email I sent him and that was August of 2019.................and today, I was promised that my seat was going out this week............... I understand a lot of things, and I think I've been patient because of the circumstances of this seat order, but I've written my seat off and just chalked it up as a lesson.

Last edited:
Maybe this is unrelated but, I saw a news story this morning about furniture manufacturers having a hard time getting foam for seat cushions. I hate being in the situation you're in. You don't know whether to keep up the peace love and understanding so as not to upset the person you want to help you, or come unglued on the guy and hope that fear of being sued or bad publicity will get them motivated to get the job done and get it over with. I waited 9 months once for a shop to fix my GS1100. The finally completed the job. It didn't make it home before leaking oil. They screwed the job up two more times before I gave up and sued them. I settled out of court and still took a beating. I don't know for sure what I'd do in your position. My level of patience these days might push me to take a more aggressive approach. Will that work? We'd all like to know. BTDT. Good luck.

If you can't do the job, TELL ME. If you can't ship the part, TELL ME. Id it's going to take 6 months because of whatever, TELL ME. STOP TELLING ME "2 weeks" and give it to me straight, if you can't do it, SHIP IT BACK TO ME AND TELL ME YOU CANT'T DO IT.

Can't say we have had positive dealings with this company and that was several years ago. Communication was not great and was not positive when it happened. The seat was not what we wanted, sent it back for adjustment after some harsh words from the owner. Got it back and it still wasn't right so we sold it.

I know a lot of people have had awesome experience with this company. Sadly that was not our experience.

Still waiting for my seat that was to be "shipped" next week over 2 months ago, now, he's not answering my calls or responding to me emails. CA may be shut down again, but I would like an update at least..

I have not yet resorted to that kind of thinking. I'm hoping to get my seat in some form, I won work from him and I think he wants money from me as the work needed may exceed the amount I won. I could be wrong, but he has not gotten back to me yet.

Sent an email to the company today instead of calling Seth himself, he's busy, he might have been on vacation too.

Sent an email to the company today instead of calling Seth himself, he's busy, he might have been on vacation too.
He is the company, sometimes had another guy helping him, but e mail was the only way i could reach him, kind of wierd because he answered the phone a few times when i was in his shop.

My small experience to let you know about LAAM. I'm in Europe and love his saddles, their shape is what I'm looking for. But no saddle manufacturer makes such kind of saddles here. So, as he states on his website he sends saddles worldwide, I sent him a message 5 weeks ago via his website contact page asking when I can send him my saddle and what I would like (Concours/GTR 1000). The message was sent and received. Since then, no answer. I sent another message again via his website contact page and via his FB page/messenger, again no answers.
I can't call due to phone costs from Europe to CA, jetlag of 9 hours and my not so good English speaking.

So I'm fed up and will go probably for a RDL, even if I get a reply; If the saddle making is as long as waiting for a basic answer, I'll never get my saddle back. I hope Russell are more professional than this guy

My small experience to let you know about LAAM. I'm in Europe and love his saddles, their shape is what I'm looking for. But no saddle manufacturer makes such kind of saddles here. So, as he states on his website he sends saddles worldwide, I sent him a message 5 weeks ago via his website contact page asking when I can send him my saddle and what I would like (Concours/GTR 1000). The message was sent and received. Since then, no answer. I sent another message again via his website contact page and via his FB page/messenger, again no answers.
I can't call due to phone costs from Europe to CA, jetlag of 9 hours and my not so good English speaking.

So I'm fed up and will go probably for a RDL, even if I get a reply; If the saddle making is as long as waiting for a basic answer, I'll never get my saddle back. I hope Russell are more professional than this guy
RDL is operated much much smoother as a business.

They are! Regret not going to RDL first!

He sounds like he is VERY busy, which is good, but I'm thinking he will limit his work to the U.S. for now. In todays world of social etiquette, simply not ever returning phone calls, texts or emails is acceptable for many under 50 years old, not to me, especially those in business.

Finally, after about 3 months was able to talk to Seth, he hasn't returned a call or email. He says he's busy and it sounded like it from the background noise, and will keep me updated. It's now been 2 years since my initial contact with him.

Finally, after about 3 months was able to talk to Seth, he hasn't returned a call or email. He says he's busy and it sounded like it from the background noise, and will keep me updated. It's now been 2 years since my initial contact with him.
You are a patient man!

Holy smokes Batman, 2 YEARS? OMG I hope you own stock in his outfit. Is he doing the work for FREE? Jeez, nobody can be THAT busy FFS. Dang. LOL

Yikes. Anyone have an idea about why he's being such a wanker about it? I mean, he DID make the offer to the club on his own accord didn't he? Nobody forced him to donate anything... unless I missed something important. :^ \

No clue, COG has tried to help with no success. Not sure what all went on in the beginning, to be fair it was a crazy time right at the shutdown, but now it seems to be he holds my seat for some reason he won't say. I just want my seat now, I don't care if any work is done on it, I just want it back. I also think he has a few folks here that have maybe tainted his opinions of me by letting him know what is said here.

Curious. An artist should be happy to showcase his pieces. You’d be giving him free marketing, and singing his praises everywhere you go as you ride in style. I just don’t get his strategy. 😟

I think Seth has a different business plan in dealing with future customers. It certainly struck me as odd. Seth, if you are watching, please send me my seat, I've offered you money for work and I've offered you shipping back to Ohio. I just want my seat, please send me my seat. I think anybody who knows me knows that in this instance I have been extremely patient. I just want my seat. 2 years is a bit to wait.

Seth has agreed to send me my seat, he called me back........not sure what I will get but in the last 10 times or so that I've called him over the last 2 years he has said the same thing. I'm hoping to put my bike back together now, will keep you all posted and will post pics.

Seth has agreed to send me my seat, he called me back........not sure what I will get but in the last 10 times or so that I've called him over the last 2 years he has said the same thing. I'm hoping to put my bike back together now, will keep you all posted and will post pics.
So did he modify it as was planned?hope your bike hasnt been sitting because of no seat.

As far as I know, I am getting my Russell Day Long seat back without any work done to it, and that is OK for now, I just want my seat back. I have repeatedly asked him what exactly the problem is with me or with Ohio or the way I talk or if COG can somehow contact him and we can solve the problem whatever it may be. Now, again, bear in mind, he only agreed to send my seat back, something he has done quite a few times before. I'm hoping I get my seat in time to ride the bike in comfort when the warmer weather comes. Send me my seat, all is well, I move on.

Thank You Strawboss for sharing this experience with us all.

Circumstances occur and I’m an extraordinarily understanding and accommodating person however the line for me is: repeated, repeated, repeated, repeated and repeated failure to follow through on actions to do with my property or service I am paying for.

Similar to businesses that are belligerent or hostile - short term and / or limited success and eventual failure is only what will result…

I've been thinking about sending a spare seat I have to Seth and was actually just looking for a box to ship it in last week. Guess I won't be doing that after reading all the trouble you had. Thank you for saving me a lot of aggravation. I'm also not as patient as you, not many are.

I called last month, he made fun of the way I talked and said he would send it.........I've told a few here to avoid him and will tell anyone that wants to hear a good yarn on how not to run a business and still make a living. Filing in small claims court takes a bit of creativity when out of state.

That's a shame. Even if you prevail in small claims court it's doubtful you could ever collect from that sort of person. You should be proud of how patient you were - I for one could take some lessons in the forbearance department.