• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Anyone excited about this weekend's MotoGP race?

notime2ride

Bicycle
What a crazy season of racing!  Depending on the FIM ruling it might be the best race in many years.  If you haven't been following the championship this year you should at least watch the race this weekend.

Nope, not now. What should have been a great season finale has now become a forgone conclusion with Lorenzo taking the championship with no competition. All because Marquez is a whiner and sore loser, unlike Lorenzo who is just a whining tart.

Marquez whined like a baby and blamed Rossi for his crash at Argentina, then screwed up again at Assen in the last corner, again blaming Rossi for his mistake. His recent behavior reminds me of the first part of his first season in MotoGP when he would force other riders out of his way, like he did in Moto 2.

If I was Rossi, starting at the back of the pack because of the points penalty, I would run the warm up lap and then head straight to the garage. It would be delicious to watch Marquez race Lorenzo for the race win. If Marquez raced Lorenzo hard enough to cause Lorenzo to crash or have a mechanical retirement, Rossi could take the championship without even racing.  :))

I watched the video of the recent crash and didn't see the helicopter angle that apparently showed that Marquez' handlebar pulled Rossi's leg off of his peg. I only saw the view that looked like Rossi pushed Marquez aside with his leg to make him crash. It's a foregone conclusion that there's no love loss between these two guys.

Definitely looking forward to it, and I sure hope they allow it to be an all out competition after the appeal.  Marquez is a great rider, just seriously immature at this point.  Lorenzo is smooth as silk out front, with the personality of a fence post.  Rossi is clearly enjoying life, and how can you not like that along with his incredible skill over the years? 

I'm with true disdain going to watch the race in hopes that Lorenzo and Marquez crash out together.
It took me years to be a fan of Rossi because of some of his previous behaviors, but he has retained some of that respect.
Marquez is a little baby being coddled by the powers that be.
I also truly believe he may be in cahoots with Lorenzo on one way or another.
Fingers crossed for Rossi

JPavlis_CA said:
If I was Rossi, starting at the back of the pack because of the points penalty, I would run the warm up lap and then head straight to the garage. It would be delicious to watch Marquez race Lorenzo for the race win. If Marquez raced Lorenzo hard enough to cause Lorenzo to crash or have a mechanical retirement, Rossi could take the championship without even racing.  :))

That would be cool.  I was thinking what would be great if the entire grid at the start slowed single file and let him pass all the way to 3rd or 4th out of respect.  There are so many theories as to what might happen, but I'm with you it really sucks for the Championship to come down to this.  Latest news (I'm a MotoGP website annual pass member) is that Lorenzo tried to intervene in the arbitration between CAS and the FIM against Yamaha's wishes. It was denied.  Also, the pre-event press conference has been cancelled.  The FIM is having a private meeting with all the competitors and their teams instead.  Should be interesting no matter how it goes.

Latest news:

The CAS dismisses request by Valentino Rossi for stay of execution of FIM Stewards’ decision.

On 4 November 2015, a preliminary hearing was held at the headquarters of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Lausanne in the matter Valentino Rossi v. the Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme. The FIM was represented by its Legal Director, Mr Richard Perret.

Following the hearing, the CAS issued an Order dismissing the application for a stay filed by Mr Rossi concerning the decision rendered on 25 October 2015 by the FIM Stewards.

The CAS ruling on the request for stay of execution does not prejudge the final award on the merits of the case.

In appealing to the CAS against the decision of the FIM Stewards, Mr Rossi seeks annulment or modification of the FIM Stewards’ decision taken at the Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix in Sepang, in which the FIM Stewards confirmed the 3 penalty points awarded by the Race Direction to Mr Rossi following an incident on Turn 14.

The FIM takes note of the ruling of the CAS.

As a consequence of this ruling, at the Gran Premi de la Comunitat Valenciana, last race of the FIM World Championship Grand Prix, Mr Rossi will start from the last position on the Grid.

As for the incident I think both are still at fault but Rossi appeared to be sick of dualing it out with Marc and tried to run him wide.  What happen next is up in the air but if either one of them had just been able to BE faster and above personal pride the dual would have been over.  Yes Marc is aggressive and yes Rossi was sick of it.  Both were asses in the way they handled it in my opinion.

Rossi would not have had enough points to be put in the back row if it was not for earlier points he got.  Though if I was in the race I might let him pass to the front just because his record and history deserved it. 

smithr1 said:
As for the incident I think both are still at fault but Rossi appeared to be sick of dualing it out with Marc and tried to run him wide.

Exactly. If you step through the frames of both the race video and the Marquez on-bike video, you can see Marquez's helmet contact Rossi's thigh, at which point Rossi did the natural thing - he moves his knee outboard to shove Marquez away from him. After that one would need to have slo-mo capture to see what happened next, but it appears Rossi's knee contacted Marquez's arm, and since Marquez was covering the brake, the contact caused him to apply too much front brake, taking himself out and Rossi's foot off the peg in the process. Obviously Rossi's fault! He kicked the brake lever! Yeah riiiight. Anybody recall the bracket installed in front of and around the brake lever to prevent actuation if there's external contact?  Hmmm??  Rossi must be some sort of extremely talented contortionist to pull off kicking the brake lever.

Let's be honest. The FIM is scared of Honda, the big dog in MotoGP, leaving, as they have threatened in the past if they didn't get rule changes that favored them. So yeah, blame Rossi and penalize him to protect MotoGP from Honda leaving. It's all politics.

For me what is also a factor is how Marc has been riding this year.  Look at how many times he either took someone out or crashed by riding WAY beyond his amazing skill level.  So many times this season Marc nearly ran into the back of riders and it was just luck he didn't always crash.  Rossi was trying to let him know even before the incident to cool it.  If you watch the live feed on MotoGP's site you can see Rossi wave his hand, put his foot out and shake his head at him several times.  Nothing worked, it got worse the next few laps.  He'd just had enough, but handled it wrong. 

I watched the media circuses of each rider today and you can see who's the professional. 

I hope The Doctor can pull off a miracle!