• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Anyone have a Givi trunk, WITH lights, and used the connector in the bottom of the trunk??

philipintexas

Scooter
Industry Vendor
Does Givi make a luggage rack that allows use of the connector both in the rack and trunk bottom? I have a V47 which has the knock-out in the bottom rear of the trunk, BUT do they make a rack that accepts the corresponding socket for powering the lights when the trunk is attached to the rack?
Also: If you have some experience with the quick-disconnect/connect, how does it work?

Last edited:
I had a givi trunk on my c10 that had the 2 pin contact that would.line up with its corresponding 2 pin connector on the rack. It worked well for a couple years and then started having intermittent contact. Cleaning yhe contacts with an eraser worked well at first, but with time the contacts got looser and looser.

My 2010 c14 (used) came with a givi maxima with running, turn signal, and brake lights incorporated, and controlled by an Admore control board. I put an inline 6 pin connector in place so.i can remove the trunk when i need/want to.. works great, with fantastic rear visibility....!!!

Unless they've improved the contact connection points i wouldnt use it, and go with something more reliable...jmho

I had a case with brake lights in the case and the mating Givi mount for the C10. Over time the spring loaded pins in the connector began to stick in and did not maintain good connection. It was a nice convenience item, but I did not connect the lights when I moved the case to the C14.

I have a Givi with the built in connectors for lights I removed from my C10. I mounted the matched Givi (128 I think) mounting plate to one of phil's racks and it works fine. Was a little tricky getting the mounting plate bolted to the rack but it looks fine with the trunk on or off. Most of the time it's off as I have a small tail bag that's accessed quicker, I don't like that you have to lock and unlock the Givi every time you go into it.