• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Anyone interested in a Saddle Sore 1000?

I'm trying to see if there is any interest in a group of us doing a Saddle Sore 1000 together. Seems logical that we would be safer, on many levels, if we planned it with several bikes.

I'd like to do it sometime this month or next. Let me know if anyone is interested.

I've thought about doing one.  I'm in Lewisville.  I'm working on getting a Russell Day Long, and I think I'll wait until after I get that, but I'm interested.  What kind of route were you looking at, a loop, a straight shot (then coming back eventually) or an out-and-back?

I don't really have a preference. I'd like to use some roads less travelled, however, we'd need to be certain that we could finish the 1000 in 24 hours. There is a route to Roswell, NM that would be around 950 miles. Shouldn't be too hard to modify that to 1000. There used to be an award called the Texas 1000 that was given by the IBA, I'm not sure if that one still exists. But, I'd like to try for that patch if it's available.

I'm on a 2001 Connie, should have new rubber by the weekend. What's your preference?

Well, I haven't sent my seat pan off to Russell, so I don't really have a preference yet, other than "after I get it back."  I don't even know their production schedule.  I'd sure prefer to wait until it's a LOT cooler!  LOL  I don't know what kind of timeline you were thinking.

Just got word, my Russell production begins on 9/12, so I won't be ready until October at the earliest.  I'm taking a long trip up to Arkansas in mid October too.  I understand if you're planning a different timeline for yourself.