• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Anyone use the RoadSPORT II?

kzz1king

Bought the sports by mistake. Anyone use them and how did they hold up?
I had some RS III on standby so am putting them on now.
Bummed about the RS IIs. I get about the same mileage out of them as the IIIs.

I have not read or heard of any negative reports on the RS 2's. I have a set waiting that I got on sale like some others here did too. The Current RS 3's I likey. At some Point will have to try the RS 4's.

I have a set of Roadsport 2's that I put on at the national in Alabama and they were great for the ride home to Southern California. I have over 3200 miles on them now and so far show little wear especially the front. I expect to get over 6k on them but I will report on them as I add miles. Handle well in the twisties too! :cool: (y)

When I received my RoadSmarts, I initially thought I had been shipped RoadSports.
(Because the name on the tire is "Sportmax"... (followed by RoadSmart)

Are you sure you have RoadSports?

Ride safe, Ted

PS: I would run them. You may get less mileage, but the stick should be better.

When I received my RoadSmarts, I initially thought I had been shipped RoadSports.
(Because the name on the tire is "Sportmax"... (followed by RoadSmart)

Are you sure you have RoadSports?

Ride safe, Ted

PS: I would run them. You may get less mileage, but the stick should be better.
Yep. The first thing I noticed is the tread is different. I removed smarts so I was able to compare side by side.
As a side note I got .6400 out or the RoadSmart and could have gone x bit more. A 32nd from wear bar. Compare that to the 7000 I got out of the last 3s going to the cords. Talking rear tires.

Yes I have Roadsports 2... and they are a bit different than the Roadsmart 2's. Seems like a good tire so far for everything even wet conditions and pretty reasonable pricing too!

Looks like something else to keep an eye on. Mine are in fact Road Smart 2'sin the shelf. Didn't know they even made a Road Sports 2. Seems odd a tire company would have two different tires so close in name without causing confusion. To me a RS was a Road Smart.