• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Anyone using Gixerhp Switchbacks?

KretonsLC

I just noticed these in the Concourier vendor list, but searched and didn't find any user threads on these although there are a few YouTube vids. The vendor has a thread on the vendor forum about an updated version, but it looks like he ran into a snag with the rear signal lights.

If anyone is using these I'd appreciate your feedback. I'm mostly working from home now, but my morning commute is mostly in the dark so these might be a safety enhancer when I do return to the office on a more regular basis.

I saw several with these at the National and really like them..
Luckily, I won a set at the last National. But I haven't installed them yet.
(Yes, I know I'm a bit slow)
But, I have an excuse. (I'm still waiting for Texas.devops to come help me do the install).

Will let you know when/if he shows up.

Ride safe, Ted

I just noticed these in the Concourier vendor list, but searched and didn't find any user threads on these although there are a few YouTube vids. The vendor has a thread on the vendor forum about an updated version, but it looks like he ran into a snag with the rear signal lights.

If anyone is using these I'd appreciate your feedback. I'm mostly working from home now, but my morning commute is mostly in the dark so these might be a safety enhancer when I do return to the office on a more regular basis.
I have a set for over a year , I’ll report how much I like them once I get them installed, if I don’t sell them first😂

I'm running them and I love them. I made the decision to get them after riding with another rider that had them and really liked how they looked and worked on his bike.
I'm patiently waiting for Gixer to complete his upgrade to the switchbacks 2's. I think having the rear turn signals as running lights will really help visibility. YMMV

Dale

If ur looking for more rear end lighting for visibility, might i suggest looking at Admore lighting. They make a led running/brake/turn signal kit that mounts via 3m tape (permanent) to the saddle bags. They come with a waterproof connection so you can remove the bags easily.

I have the Admore light kit for my Givi trunk as well. Very bright and with the strips on my bags, makes the rear presentation wide...

Attachments

• IMG-20181212-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20181212-WA0002.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 204
I saw the originals demoed at the NE spring fling. Great addition to the lighting on the bike. In addition to the LED upgrades, the best improvement in my opinion is the added white running lights that switch back to turn signals.

I also saw them on a bike at a COG event and thought they looked really good, liked the way they made the bike more conspicuous/visible to oncoming traffic and the way they operate..going from white running lights back to yellow turn signals. The same night I saw them at the COG event, I won a Switchback kit (donated by Gixxer of course) during the dinner raffle!! I live about a hour away from Gixxer so I'm going to have the pro install them.

I also saw them on a bike at a COG event and thought they looked really good, liked the way they made the bike more conspicuous/visible to oncoming traffic and the way they operate..going from white running lights back to yellow turn signals. The same night I saw them at the COG event, I won a Switchback kit (donated by Gixxer of course) during the dinner raffle!! I live about a hour away from Gixxer so I'm going to have the pro install them.
Just Show up, and they will be done

I do!

I should have mentioned that after seeing them demoed, I installed the Switchbacks the next week. Nice kit with a compatible blinker relay and good instructions. As with all things C-14, it seems the hardest part is removing plastic. The old school bulbs will eventually burn out and need to be replaced so you are likely going to the bulb locations eventually. I expect the LED’s to last for the life of the bike.

I have these and have been super pleased. Easy install for the most part with clear instructions. And the added safety factor is undeniable. A couple of COG brothers asked about them at the National back in June and I readily endorsed them. Money well spent, IMO.

I have these and have been super pleased. Easy install for the most part with clear instructions. And the added safety factor is undeniable. A couple of COG brothers asked about them at the National back in June and I readily endorsed them. Money well spent, IMO.
Thank You, I donated 2 sets for the Rally last year as well!

When,,,, LOL

I recently installed the fronts that I won at the National. (Thank you Gixerhp)
He was a great help when I became confused confused myself. (Thank you "again" Gixerhp)

The fronts really made the bike stand out. (I are impressed)
I feel that the bike will be safer on the road.
I plan to install the rears soon.

Ride safe, Ted

Admission;
As I sed, Gixerhp/John/COG Supporter helped me when I confused myself.
(It's really hard for a TeXaN to admit that someone from NH helped him).
NOTE: It took us awhile to understand what the other was saying.
Call him if you have a problem doing the install.

Last edited:
Thanks for the vid(s) John. LOL What is the color temp of your front kit? Maybe it's just my monitor, but in the vid the hue shows up on the colder (bordering on a hint of purple) side of the spectrum. I'd guess somewhere around 8k maybe?

I saw several with these at the National and really like them..
Luckily, I won a set at the last National. But I haven't installed them yet.
(Yes, I know I'm a bit slow)
But, I have an excuse. (I'm still waiting for Texas.devops to come help me do the install).

Will let you know when/if he shows up.

Ride safe, Ted
I'm still trying to work up the initiative to do the back lights..
Yoo hoo. Texas are ya out there?

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
If ur looking for more rear end lighting for visibility, might i suggest looking at Admore lighting. They make a led running/brake/turn signal kit that mounts via 3m tape (permanent) to the saddle bags. They come with a waterproof connection so you can remove the bags easily.

I have the Admore light kit for my Givi trunk as well. Very bright and with the strips on my bags, makes the rear presentation wide...
Those look nice, how are they wired into the bike?

The Admore kit(s) connect to the rear light bundle behind the seat area, under the small removable panel by the rear rack. Posi taps. I had the trunk kit for a couple years, and added the kit that attaches to the bags last year. No issues with the mounting tape or connections. I love the quick release connections that allow me to remove the bags.

The Admore kit(s) connect to the rear light bundle behind the seat area, under the small removable panel by the rear rack. Posi taps. I had the trunk kit for a couple years, and added the kit that attaches to the bags last year. No issues with the mounting tape or connections. I love the quick release connections that allow me to remove the bags.
Awesome, thank you.

Do you still have the instructions, and would you be willing to share?

On a side note, has anyone heard from gixer? There was some chatter that he may have taken ill and was hospitalized. Sure hope all is well!!

Do you still have the instructions, and would you be willing to share?
Hmm, not sure. We've moved since I installed them and part of our stuff is in our apartment garage and part is in a storage unit. I'll check as best as I can and let you know.

Hmm, not sure. We've moved since I installed them and part of our stuff is in our apartment garage and part is in a storage unit. I'll check as best as I can and let you know.
Sorry, don't have. Must be buried somewhere in the storage unit. I guess you can contact gixer and ask if he'll provide the instructions without purchasing first.