• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Apologies for lack of participation

SteveL-J

Like the subject line says, I apologise for a lack of participation. What with covid-19 et al it has been a difficult year since I purchased my 98 Connie.  Over the year I have had the carbs reworked, front calipers refurbished, all fluids changed, and finally tires replaced, along with several other minor service items. Oh and I have replaced right side riders foot peg and bracket after a stationary drop. All of the above dependant on financial flow which has been severly impacted by the pandemic.
Now I have new tires Avon Spirits I can start getting to know my Connie!
So far so good, definitely a different bike from my '83 Suzuki GS1100.
In the last week I've added some 300 miles and my first night ride.
Yea!!!
There are a couple of technical issues/questions which I will post in the tech section .
If you live in the north side of Chicago, with a pre 2006, please get in touch.
Thanks and stay safe.

the north central cog (Chicago area) gets together for a mknthly dinner rte in arlington heights.  Go to the events section for the nc cog to find out the whens and where... i had gone to few when i lived up there...

SteveL-J
I also came from a 1983 GS1100E to my 2000 Concours.

Attachments

• 28202B66-EB50-4254-B0A2-02D9A2CC3729.jpeg
    28202B66-EB50-4254-B0A2-02D9A2CC3729.jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 105
crag antler said:
SteveL-J

Given the problems I'm having and not managing to get many miles in lately, kinda missing the GS but she was plagued with electrical issues and had taken up smoking so....
Mind if I ask why you switched?
I wanted a bike to tour with, the Suzui was fast and fun but long rides got tiring with no windshield etc.

konehead said:
the north central cog (Chicago area) gets together for a mknthly dinner rte in arlington heights.  Go to the events section for the nc cog to find out the whens and where... i had gone to few when i lived up there...

Thanks will check into that!

SteveL-J said:
crag antler said:
SteveL-J

Given the problems I'm having and not managing to get many miles in lately, kinda missing the GS but she was plagued with electrical issues and had taken up smoking so....
Mind if I ask why you switched?
I wanted a bike to tour with, the Suzui was fast and fun but long rides got tiring with no windshield etc.
For the same reasons. I had fallen in love with the Connie when they first came out in ‘86.
First big street bike was a Kawasaki KZ1000J.

Made me a Kaw man :beerchug:
Came to a point I was tired of soft bags and a small windshield.
The 2000 came along at the right price and time and 13 years and over 33,000 (s)miles  :great: :great: :great:

Attachments

• FAEBAFCA-A0E4-4C77-8789-A2C4152EAB15.jpeg
    FAEBAFCA-A0E4-4C77-8789-A2C4152EAB15.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 93
Hopefully I will be there soon. Right now in the fix one thing find another...mode.😀😠😀
I feel your pain. Brought a 2001 back to life afer previous owner let it sit for almost three years. Good thing was it was inside. Got it back on the road and finally sold it at almost 75K miles after 3 years.