• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Apophis

Tour1

There's some potential for a future asteroid crime that looks like an act of god. Depending on the size of the rock and the accuracy of the hit, somebody could change some low-lying acres of swamp into a semi-circle of heights surrounding a harbor.
Don't be shocked at the possibility, there's been a lot of stuff that happened in my lifetime that I wouldn't have expected in a comic book.
And it gets worse... you know those blue jackets that have yellow lettters saying "FBI" or "DEA" or whatever? Imagine trying to get anybody to take you seriously when you work for the Asteroid Safety Service.

WFL

DAMN, I was afraid to open the laundry room door for months after seeing the trailer at the Saturday afternoon movie show. :alien:

Scary Harry

Fear is not boring. COG# 4090
And just when you thought it was safe to go out and adjust your valves...this.

I recently discovered that you can watch Andromeda Galaxy get closer using binoculars.
It's quite large actually and can be seen with your butt-naked eyes on a perfect clear sky.

Strawboss

Uh, Harry, do I gotta be naked to look at this galaxy? I mean, I know Andromeda was beautiful and all but I think for the first look, I should have clothes on.:)